Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The Bougie Coffee Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Confectioners/powdered sugar is cheap and fine. No idea how it dissolves.
    Regular powdered sugar has corn starch in it, and will adversely affect the flavor of the coffee. @rob_s is on target with the superfine option.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    I didn't know that. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    If the instant route doesn't pan out -
    We make cold brew concentrate using the toddy system. Ratio for a cup of coffee is 1 part concentrate 2 parts water, so it doesn't take too much room for a weekend trip. Our camper has a microwave so we just heat it if we want hot coffee, but you could use an electric kettle too.

I don't use sweetener but I know there's a knack to making concentrated extra sweet 'syrup' for sweet tea so that it's unbelievably sweet and mixes easily with cold liquid. Might be worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    this probably offends the bougie coffee crowd but this seemed as good as any place to discuss this...
    HOW DARE YOU?!

I have some ultra-fine sugar for cocktail making that's pretty expensive but might reduce the overall mass as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Confectioners/powdered sugar is cheap and fine. No idea how it dissolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Regular powdered sugar has corn starch in it, and will adversely affect the flavor of the coffee. @rob_s is on target with the superfine option.
    Regular sugar pulsed in a food processor to desired size would be cheap.

I am gonna grab a box of these guys, but they seem perhaps questionable and pricey, although at volume they get a lot less expensive per cube.

Cafetinto Organic Instant Coffee Cubes 9 Pieces | Colombian Coffee & All Natural Panela Coffee Cubes

Attachment 91196
    Showed up yesterday, had my trial cup today. There wasn’t any guide on amount of water to use, even with some light googling, so I went with three cubes in 12oz of water.

Flavor was decent, sweetness was pretty much right on.

In terms of a cost comparison, Stok would be about $1.33 for the same 12 oz while the cubes, of bought in a pack of 48 to get the per-unit cost down, would be about $1.66 for 12 oz.

I think I’m going to grab some of this and try rolling my own.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YPDCZCN...GG8GP3K41W1DAH
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    For illustrative purposes only. These are at target and many retailers for 7.00 ish max per 7 oz. jar

https://www.amazon.com/Bustelo-Insta...y%2C139&sr=1-3
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    For illustrative purposes only. These are at target and many retailers for 7.00 ish max per 7 oz. jar

https://www.amazon.com/Bustelo-Insta...y%2C139&sr=1-3
    we have that in the van now I'm pretty sure. Not my cup of... coffee?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Well player Sir, Well played.

Further evidence from someone who did not start drinking coffee until I was 40 + that I do not know good coffee when I taste as I like a bit of such with my milk and sugar!
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    LL says-"Regular powdered sugar has corn starch in it, and will adversely affect the flavor of the coffee."

That may be quite true for you coffee folks out there. For my unrefined palette, it tastes just fine. It seems to sweeten in the same manner as the morena cane sugar I have been using.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zulka-Mor...64-Oz/10324852

No clumps etc.

I have several oz I need to get rid off as I am moving soon so I thought I would try it and see if there was a difference.

FWIW

User Tag List