Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RDR Micro-Carry Mini Review

RDR Micro-Carry Mini Review

Ok, so I'm kinda faking you out here. I've never really reviewed a holster before, so I'm going to leave this open to the community to shape the review.

What questions do you have?

What pictures would you like taken?

Holster is for the M&P. I've got a 9c and 9fs I am using it with and can photograph.

Here is a link to an informational thread about the holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Snap Loops

First impression: the snap loops they include with the holster are a <edit> disaster. They aren't Pull-The-Dot loops and more closely resemble standard apparel snaps. Which means that pressure applied at ANY point on the snap will release the snap.
    Last edited by ToddG; 09-01-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Please refrain from unnecessary profanity
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

I like the idea of a minimalist holster, like the Fricke Zack & MIC, but a belt attachment goes against the design IMHO. Having the trigger guard cover anchored to the belt would make it too easy for the gun to become "unholstered". Any upward pressure on the muzzle while bending or sitting down could pop the gun out, as well as any lateral movement from the gun tilting on axis. The last thing I would want, is for my striker fired/no manual safety pistol to become unholstered while pointed at my boys or femoral artery. AIWB is risky enough, this type of holster just adds another possibility of disaster while carrying. I'll gladly stick to my JM Custom Kydex AIWB rig, which is absolutely amazing by the way.

Gun popping out?

I wore the holster all day today with my infant, in and out of his Ergo carrier, bending down to pick him up, sitting in a restaurant booth, and doing all sorts of other things (including sprinting with my dogs) and I never felt it was close to popping out.

Lots of people stuff Glocks in their waistband with one in the chamber & no holster, or even with a Clip-Draw, and don't have any issues. That doesn't mean I'm willing to take the same risk. It's just my opinion, nothing more.

Site Supporter
    How long did it take to get? Have you tried any other attachments on it since you state the snap sucks? Maybe a Blade-Tech pull dot? Would one the the Comp Tac clip's fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    How long did it take to get? Have you tried any other attachments on it since you state the snap sucks? Maybe a Blade-Tech pull dot? Would one the the Comp Tac clip's fit?
    Ordered: 8-11-12
    Received: 8-31-12

orionz06 has been awesome and is sending me a replacement strap. It would be tough to use the Comp-Tac clips or any other strut-mounted clips because of the S-bend that the strut has to make around the trigger guard.

In this photo, on the left side of the gun, you can see how the strut contours around the trigger guard.

You could probably rig something up with washers/spacers, but I'm not sure how well that would work.
    Last edited by bdcheung; 09-01-2012 at 10:14 PM.

If one wanted to use Comp-Tac's clips all you would need to do is immerse one in boiling water for a little bit and form it quickly.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Is there any benefit to that type of holster for those that dont carry AIWB?

Tuckable and minimalistic...?

User Tag List