Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shortening a Benelli M1 stock? InnovaTac???

Anyone that ordered the kit… have your received the part yet or gotten shipping confirmation? I know it’s only been 3 days since I ordered but no shipping confirmation yet.

The owner was in Poland shooting IPSC matches last week, and this week is Easter, so I'm not stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Anyone that ordered the kit… have your received the part yet or gotten shipping confirmation? I know it’s only been 3 days since I ordered but no shipping confirmation yet.
    Got my confirmation today.
    Due to arrive in 10 days.

Cool… I’ll be patiently waiting!

Just got my shipping confirmation so I figure the part will be here in a couple weeks.

Meanwhile, I’ve removed my stock to do some measurements. I think I can safely cut off 2” which will still leave about 1/2”-3/4” clearance for the buffer tube and nut. That would leave the overall length of the stock at 10.5” without a recoil pad, which would be the same length as my 1301 setup. I’m tempted to make the cut now, but I’ll wait till the part arrives to make sure everything fits.

What is everyone else’s plans?

I have an M2 with a Comfortech stock, so the design of the Comfortech puts a natural limit on the chop. I will chop all the way until the Comfortech rubbery bits section.

No turning back now! I got my shipping update and the part should be here in 8 days. Got a little impatient and made the cut… 2”. Ordered the LimbSaver grind to fit in medium as well. I’ll keep everyone updated on my progress…
    Name:  9248CFCE-DD18-4737-91B0-3C0940A51F42.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  71.3 KB

Still patiently waiting for the parts, so I did a few more measurements. With the stock cut 2”, the inside dimensions are approx. 3 3/4” tall and 1 1/8” wide. The tall measurement was made after I ground down a rib on the top and a rib on the bottom. I might grind down the ribs on the sides, but I’ll wait till the part arrives.

My only concern right now are the max/min. dimensions of the InnovaTac filler plate. I searched their site and couldn’t find them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So I got a little impatient today and decided to try and make my own filler plate. I used an old polymer cutting board as the plate and my belt grinder to shape it. I was surprised at how well it turned out and might actually use it instead of the InnovaTac.

Name:  188052B7-F567-4C68-8E37-1E0F36298415.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  34.5 KB

DONE! I decided to use my home made filler plate. I think, or at least tell myself that it I’ll be sturdier than the Innovatec piece. It’s epoxied in place just like the Innvatec one. The pad I used is a LimbSaver grind to fit, size medium. The gun feels so much better when shouldering and the shouldering process feels quicker and more natural. Time to hit the range!!!

Name:  93A75813-015B-42C7-B5F3-C2275F6F36BD.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  73.9 KB

User Tag List