Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shortening a Benelli M1 stock? InnovaTac???

Shortening a Benelli M1 stock? InnovaTac???

I’ve done some online research and found a thread on some forum where a guy shortened him Benelli stock using a wood filler piece and epoxy. I then stumbled on a YouTube video by a company called InnovaTac that makes a kit to do this using a cut-to-fit plastic filler piece and epoxy! I’ll post a link to the video.

Has anyone tried any of these options or have any other suggestions? The reason I ask is because I’ve had an M1 for over 20 years and love it… but I recently purchased a Beretta 1301 Tactical. I didn’t realize how much more comfortable it was to shoot with the shorter length of pull until I shot the 1301. So now, I want a shorter stock on my M1!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMafrdzJy68

I have done 3, all straight stock versions, two M1's and one Beretta 1201 which is nothing but an M1 with the shell release moved to the loading gate. It was probably 20 years ago now. I cut the stock, built new anchor points for the screws using "marine epoxy", then fitted pachmyr decelerator pads to get my LOP down to about 13". The bolt on the end of the recoil spring assembly dictates how short you can go. They have held up and the epoxy has held on.

I always found it frustrating that a company like Benelli who made shotguns really did not understand shotguns (aside from wing shooting) and hence no shorter stocks available.

I have not tried this, but thanks for turning me onto this option. I'm definitely giving Innovatac's solution a shot.

I had a stock on an M1 cut down to 12.5" by a local smith, and it made a world of difference in how the gun handled. I sold the M1 to someone in need of a shotgun after purchasing a 1301.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I checked out their website and they are located in Finland. I tried looking up a US source without any luck… I haven’t checked to see what shipping will cost.

If you take the dive Jellydonut, let me know how it works out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I checked out their website and they are located in Finland. I tried looking up a US source without any luck… I haven’t checked to see what shipping will cost.

I have been looking for something like this for some time.
    I placed an order for a pad and the kit, it was $93 including shipping.

Please keep us updated on your progress!! The video makes it look so simple but reality is often completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post

Ordered the bits, I'll let you know how it goes. Ordinarily I am complete shit at making things look good and proper but the instructional videos are very precise and helpful so I have faith I'll be able to not screw this up.

I decided to dive in and placed an order for the part! Euro to USD, the total with shipping was about $68. I ordered the one with the 3 1/8” screw spacing so I could go with a LimbSaver grind to fit pad. I think the MEDIUM pad will work, but I’ll wait before I place that order. Wish me luck and I’ll keep you guys updated!

I also found this video from InnovaTac with instructions and tip on how to cut down a stock… it’s specifically for a ComfortTech stock, but some of the tips carry over.

https://youtu.be/TsT2FFYovDo

User Tag List