Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post
    I'll be honest I feel like a super accurate machine in dry fire and most range trips in the last years I've not lived up to my own expectations.

But for instance last month I could hold comfortable groups at 10 yards using controlled pairs and trios with the g48. That had 400 rounds through it, and the trigger has as an adjustable Johnyglocks shoe on it.

Today id say the groups were twice as big at 15 feet because I never got comfortable enough to even go to 20. I tried to zero at 10 yards. Thought I had it, apparently I didn't, maybe the hex wasp shifted? Idk.

As far as inches idk. But at the end I adjusted the sight again and put 20 rounds of pairs into let's say a 3inch circle at 15 feet.

I would guess half my issue was the dot but when squeezing through the false wall that dot was bouncing all over the place. So I want to blame the trigger and my inadequate grip/experience.

I never felt accurate through 500 rounds with a g43 but I always figured it was the sight radius. Now that I have a dot my only excuse left it trigger lol. Maybe I'm just trash.
    Do you have huge hands? Smaller guns may be harder

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    The dot will bounce a little on the break shouldn't affect accuracy as long as your follow through is good.

Imo if you wanna get accurate, 10 yards shoot at a bunch of dots that are nickel or dime sized. 3 shots hit a dot. Failing is under 60% of dots being hit in 3 shots.

This will tighten up distance groups too but still shoot at 25 and 50 yards.

Don't use steel unless you hold self accountable l it allows top much slopm
    The dot was moving so much I know my trigger press was greatly effecting my accuracy, even on the rest when I was trying to sight it in.

I also love dot drills, the range I was at is by the hour so I was just trying to burn it down I'll get drills in on the next trip.

I do wear XXL gloves. But I think other than trigger pull I have a good grip on the thing and don't really adjust my grip between shots like you see a lot of people do.

I could also be over gripping because none of these issues presented themselves during dry fire even though I try to grip it with the same strength dry or live.

I'm going to clean it tonight and dry fire for an hour or so and try to see what's been going on.

Anyone in Washington want to let me borrow a mantis? Haha

The dot was moving so much I know my trigger press was greatly effecting my accuracy, even on the rest when I was trying to sight it in.

I also love dot drills, the range I was at is by the hour so I was just trying to burn it down I'll get drills in on the next trip.

I do wear XXL gloves. But I think other than trigger pull I have a good grip on the thing and don't really adjust my grip between shots like you see a lot of people do.

I could also be over gripping because none of these issues presented themselves during dry fire even though I try to grip it with the same strength dry or live.

I'm going to clean it tonight and dry fire for an hour or so and try to see what's been going on.

Anyone in Washington want to let me borrow a mantis? Haha
    Interesting. Maybe change the connector?

Do you have this issue with a G19?

Not sure if it has been done previously, but can someone do a compare and contrast between the CR920 and the 365 family?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Interesting. Maybe change the connector?

Do you have this issue with a G19?
    I don't think I have this issue with the 19, I have only shot a 17 a handful of times and never shot a 19.

Fwiw I don't have this issue with the 48, and I don't feel like I do with the 43 either. My issue with the 43 I feel has always been sight radius, and it beating me up with +p lol.

What I should probably do is take a class, and shoot more lol.

I also think I've changed my mind and will swap my 43 and cr920 triggers for the next range trip to see if that makes me more confident.

I don't think I have this issue with the 19, I have only shot a 17 a handful of times and never shot a 19.

Fwiw I don't have this issue with the 48, and I don't feel like I do with the 43 either. My issue with the 43 I feel has always been sight radius, and it beating me up with +p lol.

What I should probably do is take a class, and shoot more lol.

I also think I've changed my mind and will swap my 43 and cr920 triggers for the next range trip to see if that makes me more confident.
    I believe those triggers will not swap without a big of modification. I would out thr cr920 slide on the g43 and see how it is first

I believe those triggers will not swap without a big of modification. I would out thr cr920 slide on the g43 and see how it is first
    Others have reported perfect reliability with 43 triggers. I haven't seen reports of solid reliability with swapping slides because of the difference in feed angles however.

Others have reported perfect reliability with 43 triggers. I haven't seen reports of solid reliability with swapping slides because of the difference in feed angles however.
    I had issues swapping slides but if I did barrel and slide it ran.

Let me know of if triggers swap! That be awesome

I think I got lucky and I really like my CR920 trigger haha

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure if it has been done previously, but can someone do a compare and contrast between the CR920 and the 365 family?
    +1. I love my MR920s but I've had a 365 in my pocket for 4 years. The WC grip fits my hand perfectly. I was really wanting a CR but it would have to do something extra special to supplant my 365.

User Tag List