Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Given the predictably long response times from SS, I sanded a few thousandths off of the insert and got it to work well enough.

I do wish the pocket were cut correctly so that the screw holes would line up when the back of the optic is against the back wall of the pocket. The optics cut in my XR920 worked great with a Holosun. I don’t know what optic fits the pocket on the CR920 like they describe in the manual, but it is not a Shield RMSc.

We will see how it goes. Hopefully I can burn some rounds through it tomorrow.
    The insert is designed to be oversized so I would say you've defeated their intent and should get in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the magazines @Biggy

The Tenicor conceals very well for me. In fact, I really have to push my hips forward to make the CR920 print against a tee shirt.

The lack of a wedge makes it very comfortable, and it is not so long that I am at risk of clipping a nut off.
    After having some recent issues along those same lines, I can say testicle trauma is not something to play around with if you can help it.

Good to hear about the printing, I see one of these in my future for sure... really want to try Tenicor's ARX to carry this OWB. Looks perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    The insert is designed to be oversized so I would say you've defeated their intent and should get in touch with them.

The spacer is so oversized that the bolt holes were misaligned by nearly half with it installed. That is far more than can be overcome by compression fit. What defeated the purpose of the spacer is the mounting holes being too far forward. Please note the gap behind the optic in my photo. That is with the optic pushed toward the back as far as it will go to take up the couple of thousandths of clearance between the screw and the screw hole in the optic. Simply put, things don't line up as described in the manual.

The optic cut on my XR920 worked as described with no issues. The issue I had is with a CR, which is a completely different cut. Apples and oranges.

Finally got to break mine in at the range.

250rd magtech 115g, 30rd assorted JHP.

I had an issue at around 150, it was odd It picked up the next round but I had a dead trigger, I press checked to see if maybe I held the slide release on last round or something. And sure enough there was one in it and the press check alone reset the trigger and I was issue free until my ftf.

I had 1 failure to feed at round ~260 it was a 147g hp and I think it was due to running a bit dry. I planned to lube more often and then I forgot, but I added some lube and ran 30 more assorted hp's without issue.

It shoots incredibly flat, even with the flush mag, the recoil impulse while sharp just returns so easily even with my inexperienced grip. To date I have about 1200 rounds through pistols and 280 was today.

I will say that the trigger was very heavy, and there was so much creep after the false wall the break is hard to find. I have 5 hours of dry fire before this trip and don't remember it being that difficult maybe it was grip fatigue plus me struggling with zero prior experience trying to zero a red dot.

The Kimber mako is much snappier imo, but the trigger is just about a billion times better.

Overall I'm happy with my choice as option 2 was the Kimber, but I need more time to feel competent with it, I really wasn't as accurate as I wanted to be.

I reached the end of the prescribed 200-round break-in period today. I had one piece of brass hit me in the face. Also had one failure to eject. I am curious to see how it does going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post

I had an issue at around 150, it was odd It picked up the next round but I had a dead trigger, I press checked to see if maybe I held the slide release on last round or something. And sure enough there was one in it and the press check alone reset the trigger and I was issue free until my ftf.

I had 1 failure to feed at round ~260 it was a 147g hp and I think it was due to running a bit dry. I planned to lube more often and then I forgot, but I added some lube and ran 30 more assorted hp's without issue.

It shoots incredibly flat, even with the flush mag, the recoil impulse while sharp just returns so easily even with my inexperienced grip. To date I have about 1200 rounds through pistols and 280 was today.

I will say that the trigger was very heavy, and there was so much creep after the false wall the break is hard to find. I have 5 hours of dry fire before this trip and don't remember it being that difficult maybe it was grip fatigue plus me struggling with zero prior experience trying to zero a red dot.

The Kimber mako is much snappier imo, but the trigger is just about a billion times better.

Overall I'm happy with my choice as option 2 was the Kimber, but I need more time to feel competent with it, I really wasn't as accurate as I wanted to be.
    You may be able to replace the connector to adjust your trigger pull a bit

What was accuracy like for you?

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    What was accuracy like for you?
    I'll be honest I feel like a super accurate machine in dry fire and most range trips in the last years I've not lived up to my own expectations.

But for instance last month I could hold comfortable groups at 10 yards using controlled pairs and trios with the g48. That had 400 rounds through it, and the trigger has as an adjustable Johnyglocks shoe on it.

Today id say the groups were twice as big at 15 feet because I never got comfortable enough to even go to 20. I tried to zero at 10 yards. Thought I had it, apparently I didn't, maybe the hex wasp shifted? Idk.

As far as inches idk. But at the end I adjusted the sight again and put 20 rounds of pairs into let's say a 3inch circle at 15 feet.

I would guess half my issue was the dot but when squeezing through the false wall that dot was bouncing all over the place. So I want to blame the trigger and my inadequate grip/experience.

I never felt accurate through 500 rounds with a g43 but I always figured it was the sight radius. Now that I have a dot my only excuse left it trigger lol. Maybe I'm just trash.

I'll be honest I feel like a super accurate machine in dry fire and most range trips in the last years I've not lived up to my own expectations.

But for instance last month I could hold comfortable groups at 10 yards using controlled pairs and trios with the g48. That had 400 rounds through it, and the trigger has as an adjustable Johnyglocks shoe on it.

Today id say the groups were twice as big at 15 feet because I never got comfortable enough to even go to 20. I tried to zero at 10 yards. Thought I had it, apparently I didn't, maybe the hex wasp shifted? Idk.

As far as inches idk. But at the end I adjusted the sight again and put 20 rounds of pairs into let's say a 3inch circle at 15 feet.

I would guess half my issue was the dot but when squeezing through the false wall that dot was bouncing all over the place. So I want to blame the trigger and my inadequate grip/experience.

I never felt accurate through 500 rounds with a g43 but I always figured it was the sight radius. Now that I have a dot my only excuse left it trigger lol. Maybe I'm just trash.
    The dot will bounce a little on the break shouldn't affect accuracy as long as your follow through is good.

Imo if you wanna get accurate, 10 yards shoot at a bunch of dots that are nickel or dime sized. 3 shots hit a dot. Failing is under 60% of dots being hit in 3 shots.

This will tighten up distance groups too but still shoot at 25 and 50 yards.

Don't use steel unless you hold self accountable l it allows top much slopm

User Tag List