Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Interesting. What's dimensionally different?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I believe the barrel feed ramp profile. I'm 90% sure if I were to throw the CR920 barrel into a G43 slide it would have run.

That said I didn't try it.

The CR920 itself was perfect. The G43 slide hand cycled fine initially but after 3 rounds became pretty unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    CR920 was reliable. No issues through 300 rounds including 100 rounds mixed JHP (124 grain HST, 124 grain gold dot, 124 grain hydrashok, and mystery meat jhp)

A G43 upper will NOT run on a CR920 frame. It jammed pretty hard after 3 rounds and had to be bashed open

CR920 recoil feels better than. g43 and a g43x. I personally don't like the G43X recoil though. The CR920 w extended mag recoil feels more like a G48 to me.

Do the CR920 mags run in the G43?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Actsda View Post
    Thanks
    Do not believe so. Haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Actsda View Post
    Thanks
    Checked won't fit

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Interesting. What's dimensionally different?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Here you go!

https://imgur.com/a/iVN9g9S

G43 Barrel compared to CR920 Barrel

Also both barrels in a G43 slide.

Notice the CR920 is slightly more u shaped feed ramp. That's why an OEM G43 barrel gets hung up

I picked mine up today from my FFL I got it from Rifleworks.com . I didn't want to wait on a black barrel combat version, so I went with a little gold barrel bling. Shadow Systems *had* 13 rd CR920 mags available for a short time today and as of right now still have 10rd mags available. Looked it over and everything seemed fine. Out of the box the trigger is nothing to write home about, but that will smooth out and lighten up some with use. Hopefully I can get out this weekend and do a little blasting. At some point I might put a Holosun EPS carry MRDS on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I picked mine up today from my FFL I got it from Rifleworks.com . I didn't want to wait on a black barrel combat version, so I went with a little gold barrel bling. Shadow Systems *had* 13 rd CR920 mags available for a short time today and as of right now still have 10rd mags available. Looked it over and everything seemed fine. Out of the box the trigger is nothing to write home about, but that will smooth out and lighten up some with use. Hopefully I can get out this weekend and do a little blasting. At some point I might put a Holosun EPS carry MRDS on it.

Nice! I need yo get more mags for mine. Lol

I picked up a CR920 yesterday. Seems like it is going to be a good gun, but I have to resolve a few little things before I shoot it. This is a recording of events only and is not intended to be a negative on Shadow Systems. I will reserve that opinion until I understand what the fix is.

While removing the plate from the optics cut, one screw came right out. The 2mm socket head in the other screw gave way and rounded out. I lightly pounded a slightly larger Torx bit in there and it rounded out also. I then lightly pounded a size 0 square drive in there and it came out. One bad screw and about three minutes of wasted time. No big deal.

In the optics mounting chart in the owner's manual, it calls for screw number 2 for the RMSc, which is the cap screw style, but my RMSc does not have a tapered seat on the screw holes. It actually requires the number 1 screw, which is a pan head screw.

The chart also shows that there are two spacers for mounting optics. One is marked with a "+" sign, the other with a "+" sign that has a circle around it. Of the two that came in the bag, one has the "+" with a circle around it(which the Shield calls for), the other just has a circle on it. The instructions say that the spacer should be installed first, then the optic should be lightly pressed into the pocket to make sure it is down flat against the bottom. Mine does indeed sit flat on the bottom, but then the screw holes are misaligned by about half of a hole. When I bolt the optic on without the spacer installed in the front of the pocket, there is a gap between the rear of the optic and the back wall of the pocket.

I called tech support and left a message early this afternoon. I am curious what they will have to say. It is entirely possible that I may be doing something wrong, but I can't see it. I would swallow my pride for a simple fix...

I will update after I hear from tech support.

I will add that the screw thread engagement with the Shadow Systems cut is the best I have seen so far.

Gap in front. That is where the spacer is supposed to go.

Name:  IMG_7537.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  18.9 KB

Gap in the back when screw holes are aligned.

Name:  IMG_7536.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  25.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I picked up a CR920 yesterday. Seems like it is going to be a good gun, but I have to resolve a few little things before I shoot it. This is a recording of events only and is not intended to be a negative on Shadow Systems. I will reserve that opinion until I understand what the fix is.

While removing the plate from the optics cut, one screw came right out. The 2mm socket head in the other screw gave way and rounded out. I lightly pounded a slightly larger Torx bit in there and it rounded out also. I then lightly pounded a size 0 square drive in there and it came out. One bad screw and about three minutes of wasted time. No big deal.

In the optics mounting chart in the owner's manual, it calls for screw number 2 for the RMSc, which is the cap screw style, but my RMSc does not have a tapered seat on the screw holes. It actually requires the number 1 screw, which is a pan head screw.

The chart also shows that there are two spacers for mounting optics. One is marked with a "+" sign, the other with a "+" sign that has a circle around it. Of the two that came in the bag, one has the "+" with a circle around it(which the Shield calls for), the other just has a circle on it. The instructions say that the spacer should be installed first, then the optic should be lightly pressed into the pocket to make sure it is down flat against the bottom. Mine does indeed sit flat on the bottom, but then the screw holes are misaligned by about half of a hole. When I bolt the optic on without the spacer installed in the front of the pocket, there is a gap between the rear of the optic and the back wall of the pocket.

I called tech support and left a message early this afternoon. I am curious what they will have to say. It is entirely possible that I may be doing something wrong, but I can't see it. I would swallow my pride for a simple fix...

I will update after I hear from tech support.

I will add that the screw thread engagement with the Shadow Systems cut is the best I have seen so far.

Gap in front. That is where the spacer is supposed to go.

Name:  IMG_7537.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  18.9 KB

Gap in the back when screw holes are aligned.

Name:  IMG_7536.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  25.3 KB

Interesting hopefully this gets resolved

One of my Shadow pistols came missing one of the optic shims. I was unsuccessful reaching them by phone. They responded after several days by email, and sent a replacement.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List