Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

I don’t currently have a P365XL. My sister has my old one.

I have small hands and short thumbs. Just the same, I shoot well with the Shadow G19/G17 sized guns with the mid-sized grip panel.

I might buy another P365XL. We will see what the trade scene looks like tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I don’t currently have a P365XL. My sister has my old one.

I have small hands and short thumbs. Just the same, I shoot well with the Shadow G19/G17 sized guns with the mid-sized grip panel.

I might buy another P365XL. We will see what the trade scene looks like tomorrow.
    Yeah I shoot fine with a g19 pistol. I do find a g48 or p365xl with Wilson grip a bit less and points a tad more natural.

I just don't love the g48
    Last edited by G19Fan; 08-06-2022 at 11:11 PM.

Around here, my wife and I use the 365 series for slim lines and the Glock 19/45 for mid size. Those seem reliable, accessorized, with reasonable shooting ergos.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Around here, my wife and I use the 365 series for slim lines and the Glock 19/45 for mid size. Those seem reliable, accessorized, with reasonable shooting ergos.
    I think we are settling into the exact same model.

I do wonder if the p365xl can replace my g19 for most use. That way my wife doesn't need to think about mags that are out.

My CR920 got dropped off to be sold on consignment today. In fact, so did the rest of my slimline guns including my G43 and G43X MOS with PMM Micro JTTC barrel and comp. I did drag a P365XL back home.

I sure hope you guys have better luck with the CR920 than I did. Mine was screwed from the get-go. The cover plate screw 2mm Allen head spun right out with minimal effort. I had to pound a size 0 square drive in it to get it out, and it wasn't even that tight. The optics mounting kit I got was out of spec. (The replacement kit worked as they described it should) I sent it back for reliability issues. It came back with a new barrel, a correction to the extractor cut, and an unusable trigger pack. They never said a word about the trigger being replaced. It went in with around a 5.5# trigger with a rolling break and came back with a 7.5# trigger with a very defined wall and it would sometimes not reset.

It took a lot of work and some extra money to get it to a point where I could sell it in good conscience as a functioning gun. I didn't really want to let the SSVI trigger go with it, but the Shadow trigger wasn't usable.

Over and out on the CR920. I am glad that my MR920 and XR920 are not giving me any notable problems. In fact, they are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    My CR920 got dropped off to be sold on consignment today. In fact, so did the rest of my slimline guns including my G43 and G43X MOS with PMM Micro JTTC barrel and comp. I did drag a P365XL back home.

I sure hope you guys have better luck with the CR920 than I did. Mine was screwed from the get-go. The cover plate screw 2mm Allen head spun right out with minimal effort. I had to pound a size 0 square drive in it to get it out, and it wasn't even that tight. The optics mounting kit I got was out of spec. (The replacement kit worked as they described it should) I sent it back for reliability issues. It came back with a new barrel, a correction to the extractor cut, and an unusable trigger pack. They never said a word about the trigger being replaced. It went in with around a 5.5# trigger with a rolling break and came back with a 7.5# trigger with a very defined wall and it would sometimes not reset.

It took a lot of work and some extra money to get it to a point where I could sell it in good conscience as a functioning gun. I didn't really want to let the SSVI trigger go with it, but the Shadow trigger wasn't usable.

Over and out on the CR920. I am glad that my MR920 and XR920 are not giving me any notable problems. In fact, they are awesome!
    Agreed mine just got traded for a p365xl. Wasn't worth the hassle

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Looks great. If my cr920 comes back reliable I am getting one too
    Did the ESP Carry screw holes line up perfectly with the CR920 slide optic mount holes whith the optic using the front spacer and tight against the back wall of the optic cut? Mine does not and Shadow Systems Technical Adverser just told me on a phone call that screws were designed to be slightly angled to start them. I have a hard time viewing this is true. I feel the holes in the slide are milled incorrectly. I have also tried 4 different, brand new holosun eps carry optic with the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by RP4120 View Post
    Did the ESP Carry screw holes line up perfectly with the CR920 slide optic mount holes whith the optic using the front spacer and tight against the back wall of the optic cut? Mine does not and Shadow Systems Technical Adverser just told me on a phone call that screws were designed to be slightly angled to start them. I have a hard time viewing this is true. I feel the holes in the slide are milled incorrectly. I have also tried 4 different, brand new holosun eps carry optic with the same results.
    Yours are milled incorrectly. I sold my cr920s due to poor qc but my buddy's eps carry and 507k dropped right on a cr920

That is bs of the customer service

http://instagram.com/p/Cnf4Tz3BERn/

With as many qc issues as you guys seem to have with these, they either figured them out or said screw it, what could go worse and dropped a comped version of the cr920.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 01-16-2023 at 09:32 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/Cnf4Tz3BERn/

With as many qc issues as you guys seem to have with these, they either figured them out or said screw it, what could go worse and dropped a comped version of the cr920.
    They seem to have more of a "now, not how" business model, like Sig.
    I do like the innovation of their designs and hope they get things figured out.

User Tag List