Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    My real question is for those with an EPS is it worth it over a 407k or 507k
    I really love that it's got a lower deck-height than the 407K/507K.
    It's basically perfect with the CR920 sights (though I may even want the irons a little lower--as the entire rear notch is visible).
    I'm a big fan and plan on buying more of these.

--
    I want to try an OEM glock 43X/43/48 trigger housing and a good trigger like tyr/agency/overwatch in the CR920, but I don't want to spend more on it if I'm just going to end up back with my 365XL.

The CR920 certainly does feel quite a bit lighter and handier than the XL, and it seems to shoot like 80% as soft.
    I'm torn because I either need to choose the CR920 or get one of the new XL slides that have a rear iron sight. I don't know if the OEM sights will be tall enough, even with the EPS, but the ZEV slide has a deeper cut and would totally work with OEM sights, but it would end up costing a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    I really love that it's got a lower deck-height than the 407K/507K.
    It's basically perfect with the CR920 sights (though I may even want the irons a little lower--as the entire rear notch is visible).
    I'm a big fan and plan on buying more of these.

--
    I want to try an OEM glock 43X/43/48 trigger housing and a good trigger like tyr/agency/overwatch in the CR920, but I don't want to spend more on it if I'm just going to end up back with my 365XL.

The CR920 certainly does feel quite a bit lighter and handier than the XL, and it seems to shoot like 80% as soft.
    I'm torn because I either need to choose the CR920 or get one of the new XL slides that have a rear iron sight. I don't know if the OEM sights will be tall enough, even with the EPS, but the ZEV slide has a deeper cut and would totally work with OEM sights, but it would end up costing a lot more.
    It is hard. I constantly want to poo poo the xl and I want to love my cr920, but the xl does shoot softer and is more reliable.

I think we may just need to be a g19 and p365xl family lo

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    It is hard. I constantly want to poo poo the xl and I want to love my cr920, but the xl does shoot softer and is more reliable.
    I think we may just need to be a g19 and p365xl family lo
    Yep. The only thing I don't like about my XL is that I want rear-irons. **Lucky Gunner's latest video, where the holosun on his XL lost vertical alignment made me even more determined to get the rear iron slide that's now available (or go the ZEV route). Eventually, I will move back to a Spectre Comp slide, but the cost is a bit prohibitive at the moment.

I've been comparing the CR920 and the XL a lot lately, and--maybe because I'm a 30yr Glock guy--the CR just feels so right, even if I worry it might be wrong. It definitely points and indexes much more naturally for me.
    --
    NOTE: my G19 is going to be put up against a PDP-F 4" soon...but already the chonkiness of that PDP slide is a bit of a turn-off. So far, it's fended off everything except the zev320 was awful nice.

Yep. The only thing I don't like about my XL is that I want rear-irons. **Lucky Gunner's latest video, where the holosun on his XL lost vertical alignment made me even more determined to get the rear iron slide that's now available (or go the ZEV route). Eventually, I will move back to a Spectre Comp slide, but the cost is a bit prohibitive at the moment.

I've been comparing the CR920 and the XL a lot lately, and--maybe because I'm a 30yr Glock guy--the CR just feels so right, even if I worry it might be wrong. It definitely points and indexes much more naturally for me.
    --
    NOTE: my G19 is going to be put up against a PDP-F 4" soon...but already the chonkiness of that PDP slide is a bit of a turn-off. So far, it's fended off everything except the zev320 was awful nice.
    I'm a 25+ year G19 guy myself. My wife has been pushing me to move to the P365XL (her carry) cause then we can standardize carry and share mags. I never loved the P365XL till the wilson grips.

Ran drills for a few hours today learned that I shoot a P365XL better than a G19 (I do have relatively small hands). Guess I'm swapping...

Funny enough took getting a unreliable CR920 to revisit the P365XL which I hated but I wanted to give it one more try with a wilson grip module after a member's recommendation. Funny.

https://imgur.com/a/cdC81Bg

--
    If you haven't, you should try shooting some groups with the Holosun notch and your front sight. I was able to keep my shots on a uspsa head at 20 yards. That allows you to keep the optic more rearward and further from ejection port blast and eliminates a sharp thing on the rear of the slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you haven't, you should try shooting some groups with the Holosun notch and your front sight. I was able to keep my shots on a uspsa head at 20 yards. That allows you to keep the optic more rearward and further from ejection port blast and eliminates a sharp thing on the rear of the slide.
    Yeah I actually like the holosun notch and no rear sight.

I really really need a pair of eps carry 2moa asap lol

75 rounds today with no light strikes. Seeing the hard physical evidence of my mistake, I am pretty convinced it's fixed.
    I did manage to engage the slide lock during a string of fire with Fed 124 HST.

I am starting to develop a bit of a jaundiced eye toward the CR920. I did some AIWB concealment comparisons between the CR920 and my MR920. I can make both disappear under an untucked tee shirt. Both print on the end of the grip when I twist left, or if the wind pins my shirt to me. Aside from the weight savings, I am really starting to question my own sanity regarding the amount of time and money I have spent trying to make these slim guns work. The P365XL is the shining star in my trials so far, but I wonder if I should pull the plug and just sell off the midget guns and stick with G19-sized guns. A few thousand dollars later and I am not sure that the juice has been worth the squeeze.

They seem like a great idea, but I am done screwing with stuff. I just want something that works like it is supposed to, when it is supposed to. When every little hiccup leads to hundreds of rounds of proving, it can sure wear out your brain and your wallet. I think I may keep a G43 around for ankle carry and ditch the rest of the little guns. An MR920 for carry and an XR920 with WML for HD should do fine. Both of those guns have been fairly drama free and I shoot well with them. I am a bit worn out with the CR920 and may have reached my threshold.

Sorry for venting.

I will add that I have tried to duplicate what it would take to lock the slide back during a string of fire. The frame has a feature built in to prevent that and it seems to work very well. I could not duplicate the failure. I have no idea how it happened in live fire. I must have got enough support hand meat on it to nudge it up at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    75 rounds today with no light strikes. Seeing the hard physical evidence of my mistake, I am pretty convinced it's fixed.

I am starting to develop a bit of a jaundiced eye toward the CR920. I did some AIWB concealment comparisons between the CR920 and my MR920. I can make both disappear under an untucked tee shirt. Both print on the end of the grip when I twist left, or if the wind pins my shirt to me. Aside from the weight savings, I am really starting to question my own sanity regarding the amount of time and money I have spent trying to make these slim guns work. The P365XL is the shining star in my trials so far, but I wonder if I should pull the plug and just sell off the midget guns and stick with G19-sized guns. A few thousand dollars later and I am not sure that the juice has been worth the squeeze.

They seem like a great idea, but I am done screwing with stuff. I just want something that works like it is supposed to, when it is supposed to. When every little hiccup leads to hundreds of rounds of proving, it can sure wear out your brain and your wallet. I think I may keep a G43 around for ankle carry and ditch the rest of the little guns. An MR920 for carry and an XR920 with WML for HD should do fine. Both of those guns have been fairly drama free and I shoot well with them. I am a bit worn out with the CR920 and may have reached my threshold.

Sorry for venting.
    If you wanna sell a p365xl or some mags I am interested =)

May even have a mr920 frame with gen 4 G19 upper to barter

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post

Sorry for venting.
    I will say if you have big hands I would 100% go with a g19 sized gun. I don't have big hands and I shoot a g19 well. The Wilson p365xl does point a tad more natural.

I agree on concealment being the same

User Tag List