Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    My Holosun EPS-CARRY-RD-6 (6 MOA dot) came today from EUROOPTIC. I direct mounted it to my Shadow Systems CR920. I used one of the Shadow Systems polymer spacers in front of the optic, no sanding of the spacer needed, no gaps and super secure. I think it will work out great.

Looks great. If my cr920 comes back reliable I am getting one too

That does look great.

CR920 break-in....

I had cleaned by CR920, dry-fired it a bunch, and lubed it lightly with oil.

The good:
    -- While it wasn't as soft as a much bigger gun like claimed, it was soft enough.
    -- I like the iron sights (but my EPS Carry will be here Saturday--is it just me or are the optic plate screws loctited on?).
    -- No failures to extract or feed.

The bad:
    -- The trigger is a bit heavier and crunchier than I like.
    -- My 200rd break in period had 4% light-strikes: 6 with S&B 124gr (50rds), 2 with Fiocchi (50rds), but none with 50rds of HST or 50rds of Magtech.
    -- The striker and striker channel were both filthy. After 200rds, they were covered in fouling (worse than I've seen in 30 years of shooting G17/26/19/23/42/43/43X guns--I've never seen anything in the striker channel and only given it the slightest wipe-down ever 2K to 3K rounds).
    -- ALSO, the striker appears to have had the coating rubbed off, so I wonder if it's hitting the safety plunger (video included for your opinion if it's normal or not).

My theory is that the light-strikes be "off-center" hits and the fouling is blowing into the striker channel? See pics for strikes (they look a bit off-center to me).
    I suppose this could be caused by a few things--weaker RSA, break-in, ???.

----------------------------
    Name:  lightstrikeprimers.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  65.8 KB
    -
    https://youtube.com/shorts/oT2ZS47w-6A?feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    I had cleaned by CR920, dry-fired it a bunch, and lubed it lightly with oil.

The good:
    -- While it wasn't as soft as a much bigger gun like claimed, it was soft enough.
    -- I like the iron sights (but my EPS Carry will be here Saturday--is it just me or are the optic plate screws loctited on?).
    -- No failures to extract or feed.

The bad:
    -- The trigger is a bit heavier and crunchier than I like.
    -- My 200rd break in period had 4% light-strikes: 6 with S&B 124gr (50rds), 2 with Fiocchi (50rds), but none with 50rds of HST or 50rds of Magtech.
    -- The striker and striker channel were both filthy. After 200rds, they were covered in fouling (worse than I've seen in 30 years of shooting G17/26/19/23/42/43/43X guns--I've never seen anything in the striker channel and only given it the slightest wipe-down ever 2K to 3K rounds).
    -- ALSO, the striker appears to have had the coating rubbed off, so I wonder if it's hitting the safety plunger (video included for your opinion if it's normal or not).

My theory is that the light-strikes be "off-center" hits and the fouling is blowing into the striker channel? See pics for strikes (they look a bit off-center to me).
    I suppose this could be caused by a few things--weaker RSA, break-in, ???.

----------------------------
    Name:  lightstrikeprimers.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  65.8 KB
    -
    https://youtube.com/shorts/oT2ZS47w-6A?feature=share
    Have had plenty of light strikes issues with the mr920 series before deciding to run only oem glock on mine

Light strike is from gun not fully going into battery like a smidgen off. Esp if the strikes are off center

At this stage I am waiting got shadow systems to fix my cr920 and then I will sell or trade it for another p365xl

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Have had plenty of light strikes issues with the mr920 series before deciding to run only oem glock on mine
    Light strike is from gun not fully going into battery like a smidgen off. Esp if the strikes are off center
    That's my theory. IF it's slightly out of battery, maybe the primer isn't sealed up against the striker channel, causing a few light-strikes, and also blowing crap in the channel. It was WAAAAY too dirty to be normal.

Then there's that weird wear on the safety plunger that just doesn't look normal for 200rds--like it's getting marred up somehow. I need to see if that's normal or if it's excessive wear (in the video I made).

It worked 100% with magtech (which was super soft) and all defensive stuff, including old HST (124 & 147) and critical duty. I'm going to give it one more chance on Monday, but if the striker channel gets filled again, or I have more light-strikes, it will be sold (or sent to SS and then sold). It's too bad, since I really do want SS to do well. But maybe they're growing too big too fast. I love the 365 line, but SIG totally used me as a beta-tester on that one (maybe because they were expanding into optics, lights, ammo, 365s, 320s, ARs, etc. all at once).
    --
    I AM loving my P365-380, but even though I know shot placement is the main thing, I just keep thinking that 9mm would be better since the capacity is the same (though it is lighter and I can shoot it more accurately at a faster speed--especially with soft ammo like Fort Scott stuff). I put "optic height" sights on the 365-380, but they're 2.5" low at 10 yards...so I need a taller front (and those fronts are a bitch to get fitted and installed).

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    That's my theory. IF it's slightly out of battery, maybe the primer isn't sealed up against the striker channel, causing a few light-strikes, and also blowing crap in the channel. It was WAAAAY too dirty to be normal.

Then there's that weird wear on the safety plunger that just doesn't look normal for 200rds--like it's getting marred up somehow. I need to see if that's normal or if it's excessive wear (in the video I made).

It worked 100% with magtech (which was super soft) and all defensive stuff, including old HST (124 & 147) and critical duty. I'm going to give it one more chance on Monday, but if the striker channel gets filled again, or I have more light-strikes, it will be sold (or sent to SS and then sold). It's too bad, since I really do want SS to do well. But maybe they're growing too big too fast. I love the 365 line, but SIG totally used me as a beta-tester on that one (maybe because they were expanding into optics, lights, ammo, 365s, 320s, ARs, etc. all at once).
    --
    I AM loving my P365-380, but even though I know shot placement is the main thing, I just keep thinking that 9mm would be better since the capacity is the same (though it is lighter and I can shoot it more accurately at a faster speed--especially with soft ammo like Fort Scott stuff). I put "optic height" sights on the 365-380, but they're 2.5" low at 10 yards...so I need a taller front (and those fronts are a bitch to get fitted and installed).
    I love the Shadow system frames. Then I pull the slide and run oem glock slides lol

I want them to succeed as a company but def growing too fast imo.

I never carry anything except my mr920 with a g19 slide so I prob don't even need another p365xl. Eventually should get a da/sa to play with

Kayli at Shadow Systems responded to my support request (on a Saturday).
    She says these are definitely off-center hits from the gun being slightly out-of-battery and recommended a new RSA.
    She also said the wear on my striker from 200rds looks normal, and that she thinks Fiocchi ammo may have quality issues (though most failures were S&B).
    The fact that she seems so sure, combined with random comments I've seen from others about problematic RSAs, makes me think this is a known issue.

I'll give the gun another 200rds of American Eagle (115/124), S&B, and Fiocchi.
    If I have no issues, I'll go ahead and carry it after another 300rds. If the problem continues, it's gone and I'm going back to a 365 or 365XL.

I should point out, this gun pointed AMAZING for me. I was point shooting (through the slide-plate) at 7Y and getting ALL hits inside a 6" circle.

-----HER EMAIL-----
    Kayli from SS:
    "Thank you for providing the visual media for me to take a look at. Based on the picture you send of the light strikes, I can tell that the reason they are off-center is that the firearm was VERY slightly out of battery at the time those occurred. A new recoil assembly might be the solution to your problem. This could also explain the fouling if it is excessive because if the round did discharge, more carbon would be blown back out of the ejection port and could possibly make its way into the striker channel.

I will tell you that I recently took a few hundred rounds of Fiocchi out to the range with my XR920 and saw several light strikes. I believe that their quality department might be getting hit hard with the heavy demand for ammunition and that they have been using some really hard primers recently. I cannot attest to the S&B, but that is what I observed with the 124-grain Fiocchi Range Dynamics. I suggest picking up some Aguila to factor out the ammunition as being a possible cause of this issue. We've been using a lot of their stuff lately for testing and have had little to no issues with it.

As for your striker, that does actually look pretty normal. At least from my perspective, I'm not seeing anything on it that would indicate an issue with that assembly. If you provide a good shipping address, we can have a replacement recoil assembly sent to you if you see no improvement at your next range session!"
    Last edited by evi1joe; 07-30-2022 at 03:03 PM.

How is everyone's gun running post butt barrel?

I am awaiting the return of mine but cannot decide if I should swap to a p365xl

User Tag List