Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Ah, the joys of paying to be a beta tester...
    Yeah no doubt lol! Since I'm in WA I'm stuck with the gun for the foreseeable future if I want to carry more than 10 rounds. So I'm determined to convince myself it's going to be perfect lol.

I am hesitant to buy a $200 trigger as well especially if it doesn't make it the best trigger I've ever shot. But to me i can't find OEM Glock lpks less than $90 so I'd almost rather get the jg trigger at that point.

When I swapped connectors I had to adjust them, to me it sounds like you need to bend your SS connector in a touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post
    Yeah no doubt lol! Since I'm in WA I'm stuck with the gun for the foreseeable future if I want to carry more than 10 rounds. So I'm determined to convince myself it's going to be perfect lol.

I am hesitant to buy a $200 trigger as well especially if it doesn't make it the best trigger I've ever shot. But to me i can't find OEM Glock lpks less than $90 so I'd almost rather get the jg trigger at that point.

When I swapped connectors I had to adjust them, to me it sounds like you need to bend your SS connector in a touch.
    That very well could be, I never considered that since the (-) connector works fine in the Glock housing, but not at all in the SS housing. It would be a good experiment.

I just put 170 rounds of Federal AE 124 grain ammo through it. It is cycling and ejecting far better than before. Seems like things are on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post
    Back to 7.5lbs post range day and a detail strip and clean. I'm absolutely befuddled, how can it go from 5lbs to 7.5lbs in 220rds? I did notice the sear interface looks more uniformly curled whereas yesterday it was curled ~40%. Still perfectly solid wall and light takeup, but Im just not a good enough shooter for 7.5lbs lol.

I guess I'll be buying a jg trigger sooner than I had hoped. Unless shadow replies to my email with good news, but since they just test fired it Im doubtful there is anything they will do at this point.

Still going to carry it. I shoot the g48 better today but I'm still confident in it.
    I really like my cr920, but wished I loved it. At this stage may go back to a g26 for the rare deep concealment times...

Hit me up if you need mags on pm
    Last edited by G19Fan; 07-02-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Have you guys had difficulty getting the trigger housing back into the frame? It has given me trouble every time. Once I had to remove it and reinstall it three times to get the trigger to work. I have made sure that the bar and connector are aligned each time properly. The OEM Glock housing slides right in there as normal. The Shadow trigger pack is unusable in my G43 frame. Abnormally hard to get in, then it seems jammed and is very hard to reset by manually manipulating the trigger bar.

My current Shadow trigger pack will not work with a Glock minus connector. I am beginning to believe that the housing is out of spec. I had a good thing going with the original trigger and a Wolff 5 lb spring. I wish they would have left it alone. I can't help but think there is a failure-related issue with the old setup, so they swap it with the updated part whether you want it or not.

If anyone reading this has a CR920 with the old creepy trigger setup and is willing to take it apart and do a photo shoot, I would love to see if we can spot some differences.

I like the idea of a JG trigger setup, but I am not willing to spend $200 on one until the gun proves reliable. I bought a trigger housing from Midway for $8 and had connectors and triggers in stock to experiment with.

Ah, the joys of paying to be a beta tester...

https://imgur.com/a/WA34qp0

Above picture: Shadow Systems CR920 trigger and housing that came from my 1XX gun which was confirmed to have the older trigger (though mine was fine)

Bottom picture: New trigger shadow systems sent me.

Trigger bar on both is SSC-20C

Housing on both is: SSC-21A

Parts numer on trigger bar and housing are the same. Literally only difference is the connector and trigger bar on the new trigger have that reddish goop. Maybe. that makes it feel smoother until it rubs off which would explain why some users have their triggers get worse again after XXX rounds.

Been shooting my CR920 (don't have new barrel yet) but not loving it. May go back to G26

This feels a bit rushed out

I am loving my CR920, it’s been 100% reliable through around 600 rds of FMJ ball and FMJ HP ammo. It’s got good accuracy and the trigger on mine is pretty close to exactly what I like on a carry gun. It also conceals very well. Mine’s definitely a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I am loving my CR920, it’s been 100% reliable through around 600 rds of FMJ ball and FMJ HP ammo. It’s got good accuracy and the trigger on mine is pretty close to exactly what I like on a carry gun. It also conceals very well. Mine’s definitely a keeper.
    Nice I think I will revisit again in a few months to years. Gun shoots great and I love thr idea

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Nice I think I will revisit again in a few months to years. Gun shoots great and I love the idea

I got to handle one of these at my FFL's place doing a transfer for my BPS, it was the War Poet Edition with Holosun K optic mounted from the factory. It was really nice and I've got to say despite the price tag I was told these were selling for $1k I really want one for EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/WA34qp0

Above picture: Shadow Systems CR920 trigger and housing that came from my 1XX gun which was confirmed to have the older trigger (though mine was fine)

Bottom picture: New trigger shadow systems sent me.

Trigger bar on both is SSC-20C

Housing on both is: SSC-21A

Parts numer on trigger bar and housing are the same. Literally only difference is the connector and trigger bar on the new trigger have that reddish goop. Maybe. that makes it feel smoother until it rubs off which would explain why some users have their triggers get worse again after XXX rounds.

Been shooting my CR920 (don't have new barrel yet) but not loving it. May go back to G26

This feels a bit rushed out
    I'm amazed they are the same parts, if it wasn't revised parts why did they swap mine?!? I guess if they are the same that means that it likely is a manufacturing defect on the face of the cruciform that engages with the striker lug. Mine was curled up im wondering if I should try fixing it or just get over the price tag and order a trigger already lol.

So neither your old or new trigger are breaking over 7lbs? This is all so confusing!

User Tag List