Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by krav51 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrEnJfIESc4

not exactly a stellar performance
    While I'm not sold on the idea that a modern striker fired gun should need a break-in, they do say to expect a 200 round break in for the big guns.

In the example of one dr920 i have access to, it held true. A few feeding issues during that period that alleviated after.

I imagine that carries over to the small guns as well, so i would expect some failures early. I still don't like it but SS seems to expect it.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    While I'm not sold on the idea that a modern striker fired gun should need a break-in, they do say to expect a 200 round break in for the big guns.

In the example of one dr920 i have access to, it held true. A few feeding issues during that period that alleviated after.

I imagine that carries over to the small guns as well, so i would expect some failures early. I still don't like it but SS seems to expect it.
    I guess its hit or miss, my MR920 has 3000 rounds through it and not one FTF ever.

Put 530 rounds through one of my cr920s today (cr920 elite)

It had 5 ftf with blazer aluminum. Those same rounds wouldnt feed on two g19s either unless they were the first rounds in a mag. I am blaming the round

It fed approx 160 rounds of Norma 124 and Ranger T 147 just fine

At this stage I am comfortable carrying my cr920 if need be.
    Last edited by G19Fan; 06-18-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Put 530 rounds through one of my cr920s today (cr920 elite)

It had 5 ftf with blazer aluminum. Those same rounds wouldnt feed on two g19s either unless they were the first rounds in a mag. I am blaming the round

It fed approx 160 rounds of Norma 124 and Ranger T 147 just fine

At this stage I am comfortable carrying my cr920 if need be.
    That is encouraging. I hope that mine proves reliable when I get it back from SS.

The update I received today regarding my CR920 was that they found an out-of-spec extractor cut on the slide. The report says that they corrected that and replaced the barrel with a factory-new barrel. I should have it back in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The update I received today regarding my CR920 was that they found an out-of-spec extractor cut on the slide. The report says that they corrected that and replaced the barrel with a factory-new barrel. I should have it back in a few days.
    Ditto word for word. Mine should be back tomorrow.

The difference for me is I didn't have reliability issues, and sent it in for my trigger creep. And even though others have gotten new triggers, replaced with a revised part, I did not.

I just want to carry it and I don't want to have to wait another several weeks for SS to send me a new trigger. But we will see.

Info here for those who may be having reliability issues

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Seems like a pretty stand-up way to do business.

I'm sticking with Glock, but this speaks volumes for SS customers.

Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Thanks was just about to post this. Love that they will send you a new barrel

Trigger creep is gone, still heavy but I can live with that. So SS recut my extractor channel, freed me of butt barrel syndrome, and they did replace my trigger as well which they didn't include in the email for whatever reason. I haven't had it fully apart yet but it seems to be just a new bar since my other parts remained polished.

Using my coffee scale the trigger was breaking seemingly over 7lbs though, but I know that's not a good way to measure it. But at least I can play with that knowing the creep is gone, finally feels like it should!

Before:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/VaLQ479HLgA?feature=share

After:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/DEQUWY4yr5w?feature=share

User Tag List