Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post
    If their extractor is the same, that means the eps system sits lower In the slide, which would make sense. Either way, they could have resigned the safety plunger to take up the difference. And im surprised they didn't.

Maybe a polished plunger and lighter spring would be enough for it to be a non-issue.
    Yeah I agree. I need to run more rounds through using my G43 slides and if they continue working well maybe just carry using a g43 slide and sell my cr920 slide

I have an optic ready cr920 but will probably keep it optic free

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Yeah I agree. I need to run more rounds through using my G43 slides and if they continue working well maybe just carry using a g43 slide and sell my cr920 slide

I have an optic ready cr920 but will probably keep it optic free
    The weight of the slide and the slide cuts I would hate to lose over this silly striker issue. With my wasp on the cr920 its a full ounce lighter than the g43, I also rack from the front and those cuts give so much purchase without being painful.

I have a feeling waiting for shadows response is fruitless as I have a pretty good feeling everything on mine is within spec. So I should probably just go ahead and order a lighter spring and get to polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post
    The weight of the slide and the slide cuts I would hate to lose over this silly striker issue. With my wasp on the cr920 its a full ounce lighter than the g43, I also rack from the front and those cuts give so much purchase without being painful.

I have a feeling waiting for shadows response is fruitless as I have a pretty good feeling everything on mine is within spec. So I should probably just go ahead and order a lighter spring and get to polishing.

That is probably true. Also I know my g48 would not run well with a red dot

Luckily I actually don't dislike my trigger. It is not the best dry fire but at speed it isn't an issue and with the irons only hitting ipsc sized steel at 50 is easy. Hard to do at 100 but can once in a while do it (front sight blocks too much of the target for me)

Do you know what height the front sight is on a cr920?

https://www.recoilweb.com/shadow-sys...ol-174506.html

A recent review from the folks at RECOIL.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Great article. It always amazes me the difference in experiences and perspectives that can come from the same product from different people. Variance in the product itself is certainly possible.

Let me start off by saying that the CR920 is a keeper if I can get it to quit throwing brass straight into my face.

I think the article is spot-on in all of the topics except the two, where my experience differs.

All of this being said, its “shootability” for a subcompact is second to none. I shot this alongside a Glock 43, 26, and a borrowed P365 and found the CR920 much more pleasant to shoot with less snap than the others.
    I have to significantly increase my support hand crush to keep my hands married during recoil with the CR920 than with the P365XL or G43x. Perhaps hand size and technique factor in. The hand shock is about what you would expect from a 17-ounce 9mm. No magic here.

This is where this pistol shines. It has a fantastic stock trigger—just over a 5-pound average by my trigger gauge – with a tactile and audible reset. With virtually no take-up, you don’t need to stage the trigger, just pull and press. The trigger is much crisper than the other subcompacts mentioned in this article.
    Comparing my assessment of my sample to the one in the article, the weight sounds spot on. My sample is not nearly as impressive in the take-up and crispness categories.

Overall a decent read. Thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Thanks for sharing. Personally find the G26 much easier to shoot vs a cr920

But the cr920 shoots better vs a g43, g43x, p365, and hellcat for me
    Last edited by G19Fan; 05-28-2022 at 10:17 AM.

I was wondering about how it stacks up against a Hellcat. I have an Apex trigger in mine and the grip fits my hand better than the stock 365, but not as well as the WC module. Honestly sometimes the 365 trigger feels so scary light that I prefer the dingus type trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I was wondering about how it stacks up against a Hellcat. I have an Apex trigger in mine and the grip fits my hand better than the stock 365, but not as well as the WC module. Honestly sometimes the 365 trigger feels so scary light that I prefer the dingus type trigger.
    Personally think it shoots better than the hellcat or p365.

365xl does shoot softer imo va the short grip. Feels pretty much the same with long grip

I swapped the OE striker spring with a 5-pound Wolff spring. It made a noticeable difference. (I don't have a trigger scale, so I can't give hard data in numbers)

I also have to go back and clean up a statement I made about the trigger. Mine does indeed have a shorter take-up and a more defined wall than my Glocks. It actually has two, and sometimes three walls. My sample has a trigger that is not conducive to a stage-and-break style. Pressing straight through solves the issue, as noted in the article.

If my rifle work goes smoothly in the morning, I will put 50 rounds of 124 HST through it and see how it goes with the Wolff spring. I also want to try the PMM comped G43x upper on it and see how it runs.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I swapped the OE striker spring with a 5-pound Wolff spring. It made a noticeable difference. (I don't have a trigger scale, so I can't give hard data in numbers)

I also have to go back and clean up a statement I made about the trigger. Mine does indeed have a shorter take-up and a more defined wall than my Glocks. It actually has two, and sometimes three walls. My sample has a trigger that is not conducive to a stage-and-break style. Pressing straight through solves the issue, as noted in the article.

If my rifle work goes smoothly in the morning, I will put 50 rounds of 124 HST through it and see how it goes with the Wolff spring. I also want to try the PMM comped G43x upper on it and see how it runs.
    I definitely don't stage the trigger. A staged pull doesn't work for me.

Can you link the wolf spring? Would you be concerned about light strikes?

User Tag List