Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I put a G43xMOS upper that has a Wolff 5-pound striker spring on the CR920 lower. It instantly improved the trigger on the CR920 to an obvious degree. Lighter and smoother. The CR920 trigger feels a bit crunchy with the factory upper on it.

Similarly, I put the SS upper on my G43x lower that has an SSVI Tyr trigger. It instantly felt crunchy and heavier. Now I am curious what parts interchange so I can try to clean that up.
    It is the striker safety plunger!

A cr920 with a g43 slide is awesome

Let me know if your slide swap shoots!

Manually manipulating the safety plunger and the striker, the slight gritty feeling appears to be in the striker.

Manually manipulating the safety plunger and the striker, the slight gritty feeling appears to be in the striker.
    That would be worse then as the striker is proprietary.

If I can consistently get a g43 slide to run I may run a g43 slide

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    It is the striker safety plunger!

A cr920 with a g43 slide is awesome

Let me know if your slide swap shoots!
    Do you know if the safety plunger is interchangeable with a Glock 43?

Should be I believe

I think I have one that is NP3'ed. If I can find it I will try it. I am curious to take a look at the striker assembly too.

I think I have one that is NP3'ed. If I can find it I will try it. I am curious to take a look at the striker assembly too.
    The issue is the cr920 striker is rounded =(

I just tested this last night. The plungers look identical to the naked eye, I didn't have calipers on hand though.

Changing the plunger will only help if going to a polished one and reduced spring. I need to take my optic off to see if the extractor is the issue.

My safety plunger actually sits so dang high it interacts with the slide, I'm not sure why shadow decided on that being ok.

A g43 OEM plunger in the ss slide sits at the same height since they seem to be identical parts.

Fwiw a polished plunger took my SS from miserable to shoot to shootable. I plan to polish the striker and housing and plunger before my next range trip and see how it does.

Shadow can fix this by building a plunger or extractor that while proprietary would set the plunger at a height closer to g43 OEM, and that would stop rubbing the slide!
    Last edited by Noboundries; 05-24-2022 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post
    I just tested this last night. The plungers look identical to the naked eye, I didn't have calipers on hand though.

Changing the plunger will only help if going to a polished one and reduced spring. I need to take my optic off to see if the extractor is the issue.

My safety plunger actually sits so dang high it interacts with the slide, I'm not sure why shadow decided on that being ok.

A g43 OEM plunger in the ss slide sits at the same height since they seem to be identical parts.

Fwiw a polished plunger took my SS from miserable to shoot to shootable. I plan to polish the striker and housing and plunger before my next range trip and see how it does.

Shadow can fix this by building a plunger or extractor that while proprietary would set the plunger at a height closer to g43 OEM, and that would stop rubbing the slide!
    Thanks for doing this! I assumed it was something in the internal of the slide causing this.

I think their extractor may be same as a g43 too (not 100% sure)

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Thanks for doing this! I assumed it was something in the internal of the slide causing this.

I think their extractor may be same as a g43 too (not 100% sure)
    If their extractor is the same, that means the eps system sits lower In the slide, which would make sense. Either way, they could have resigned the safety plunger to take up the difference. And im surprised they didn't.

Maybe a polished plunger and lighter spring would be enough for it to be a non-issue.

User Tag List