Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post
    I just polished it and It didn't help, I'd be scared to modify it's geometry. I'm going to play around with it and my g48 trigger and see what I want to do.

Looks like the same guy who thought the butt barrel was a good idea got ahold of the sear lol!

I'll probably end up buying a g43 lpk on ebay and use that until the next revision of trigger. I sent SS an email about the weight.
    Where did you polish?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Where did you polish?
    I polished everything. All surfaces of the bar, connector, and the interface of the striker. I also previously had recontoured the safety plunger as I thought that was the initial issue so I put that back in with a reduced spring.

All that was before I weighed it.

Swapped my connector with my g48 now the pull is still absolutely creep free and down to just under 5lbs. Funny enough the g48 used to have a touch of creep and now it's gone and its trigger only went up an ounce or two from the connector swap.

Hopefully going to the range today to break in the new barrel and trigger and I'm finally excited to shoot this dang thing again!

Also I forgot to get a picture, but i can actually see the edge of my sear is curled up after only 35 rounds from ss and 100 dry fires from me. That does give me a touch of fear that after many rounds it will start to re-introduce creep. I guess if that happens Ill just buy another trigger and be done with it lol.

Swapped my connector with my g48 now the pull is still absolutely creep free and down to just under 5lbs. Funny enough the g48 used to have a touch of creep and now it's gone and its trigger only went up an ounce or two from the connector swap.

Hopefully going to the range today to break in the new barrel and trigger and I'm finally excited to shoot this dang thing again!

Also I forgot to get a picture, but i can actually see the edge of my sear is curled up after only 35 rounds from ss and 100 dry fires from me. That does give me a touch of fear that after many rounds it will start to re-introduce creep. I guess if that happens Ill just buy another trigger and be done with it lol.
    Great update. Mine got creepier (original trigger) after 500 rounds. Went away after disassemble and cleaning.

I am hunting for a g43 lpk and may just use that lol

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Great update. Mine got creepier (original trigger) after 500 rounds. Went away after disassemble and cleaning.

I am hunting for a g43 lpk and may just use that lol
    220 flawless rounds today. I was low left from too much coffee but it shot great otherwise!

Imo you don't need an lpk the difference between the revised SS trigger with g48 connector and the g48 trigger was like 2-3oz in mine. I'd say you should try just the connector unless you get a good deal then why not. Btw the was some creep added with the g48 trigger though, but connector only introduced no creep.

220 flawless rounds today. I was low left from too much coffee but it shot great otherwise!

Imo you don't need an lpk the difference between the revised SS trigger with g48 connector and the g48 trigger was like 2-3oz in mine. I'd say you should try just the connector unless you get a good deal then why not. Btw the was some creep added with the g48 trigger though, but connector only introduced no creep.
    That I'd perfect. Thanks for that. Great to know

I got a very quick response from Shadow stating that they are sending me a new trigger pack. For now I installed a Glock OEM trigger housing with an NP3'ed minus connector and an SSVI TYR trigger with a Glock OEM trigger bar. I stoned a lip off of the striker. Now it works as expected. I think it will be even better when I get some more spring cups. The original ones feel pretty gritty dragging in the striker bore and have the same irregularity as the ones in my XR920.

Another win was that an HS407k and the Shadow spacer fit as they described it should in the manual. None of the drama I ran into with the RMSc. I plan to shoot it tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I got a very quick response from Shadow stating that they are sending me a new trigger pack. For now I installed a Glock OEM trigger housing with an NP3'ed minus connector and an SSVI TYR trigger with a Glock OEM trigger bar. I stoned a lip off of the striker. Now it works as expected. I think it will be even better when I get some more spring cups. The original ones feel pretty gritty dragging in the striker bore and have the same irregularity as the ones in my XR920.

Another win was that an HS407k and the Shadow spacer fit as they described it should in the manual. None of the drama I ran into with the RMSc. I plan to shoot it tomorrow afternoon.
    Nice would love to hear how it shoots now

Back to 7.5lbs post range day and a detail strip and clean. I'm absolutely befuddled, how can it go from 5lbs to 7.5lbs in 220rds? I did notice the sear interface looks more uniformly curled whereas yesterday it was curled ~40%. Still perfectly solid wall and light takeup, but Im just not a good enough shooter for 7.5lbs lol.

I guess I'll be buying a jg trigger sooner than I had hoped. Unless shadow replies to my email with good news, but since they just test fired it Im doubtful there is anything they will do at this point.

Still going to carry it. I shoot the g48 better today but I'm still confident in it.

Have you guys had difficulty getting the trigger housing back into the frame? It has given me trouble every time. Once I had to remove it and reinstall it three times to get the trigger to work. I have made sure that the bar and connector are aligned each time properly. The OEM Glock housing slides right in there as normal. The Shadow trigger pack is unusable in my G43 frame. Abnormally hard to get in, then it seems jammed and is very hard to reset by manually manipulating the trigger bar.

My current Shadow trigger pack will not work with a Glock minus connector. I am beginning to believe that the housing is out of spec. I had a good thing going with the original trigger and a Wolff 5 lb spring. I wish they would have left it alone. I can't help but think there is a failure-related issue with the old setup, so they swap it with the updated part whether you want it or not.

If anyone reading this has a CR920 with the old creepy trigger setup and is willing to take it apart and do a photo shoot, I would love to see if we can spot some differences.

I like the idea of a JG trigger setup, but I am not willing to spend $200 on one until the gun proves reliable. I bought a trigger housing from Midway for $8 and had connectors and triggers in stock to experiment with.

Ah, the joys of paying to be a beta tester...

User Tag List