Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pannone on Micro compact options

Mike Pannone on Micro compact options

One of the live streams of instagram, few aspects covered over various slimline offerings.P365,G43X , G48, hellcat and others spoken about. I have not seen many of the simlines with comps in all honesty nor have i tried one.
    http://https://www.instagram.com/ree...BwcTJpcTdwYTU1

Site Supporter
    Interested but the link doesn’t work for me.

Someone have the cliff Notes version?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Same question. Long IG vids are super clunky. I was trying to listen while I worked and kept having to start from the beginning and gave up.

He is a big fan of the slim carry guns and comps on them. Has shot 20k rounds over 6 months through:

G48 with comp shield mags
    G43x with comp psa mags
    G43 (shield.chop and mags)
    P365 with comp (his lady's gun)
    Hellcat with comp
    Arex Delta (only gun with no grip mods needed)

Loved the glock slimlines, p365 and hellcat. Highly recommends arex delta and I assume he would like a rost martin based on that.

Glock 26 doesn't work well for him and he feels it is outdated.

Personally agree a lot of his points. Love a p365 much more than a g26. I hope to love the rost martin I have incoming

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pannone has been carrying and primarily shooting slimline guns for the last six months. He’s shot ~20k rounds between 7 different guns in that time period (three Glocks, a P365, a Hellcat, an Arex, and a Canik). He found all of them to be very accurate, reliable and incredibly easy to conceal. Spoke about how they’re great guns for private citizens who don’t have a duty to act and are just trying to break contact to get home to their family. I really liked his comment about people who say “if I’m going into a gunfight I want the biggest/highest capacity/easiest to shoot/etc gun on me.” Pannone says “I’m not going to a gunfight. I’m going to Smith’s to buy steaks.”

Shooting wise, he talked about how there’s much less room for a sloppy grip when shooting one of these compared to a standard compact or full size gun. Emphasized proper technique more so than really crushing the gun. Prefers rapid fire doubles as a way to really learn the recoil characteristics of one of these guns.

Hardware wise, he talked about how his Shield Arms mags (13 mags across all the generations) and his PSA mags have been perfectly reliable in his slimline Glocks. Loves the micro red dots like the EPS Carry but also had positive things to say about some cheaper dots. Is a big fan of comps on these little guns. Shot placement is more important than which round you use but he prefers the Short Barrel Gold Dot to the other options because of empirical data that it performs best. Didn’t get into the specifics.

Finished up with a Q&A and recommended people shoot competition.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Finally got to listen. I found his comments about grip and target focus on Micros needing to be very precise to directly match my experiences.

Interesting that he has had such good reliability with Shield and PSA mags and comps. I had multiple failures with PSA mags, seen so many reports of Shield mag failures, and shot a PMM Comped 365XL that didn’t run at all.

The Arex/ RM doesn’t get talked about as a “slimline” but it looks like it’s more in the G48/Macro category, and it has a half cocked striker and has a PPS style SCD capability.

Much thanks to G19fan and Wobbly possum. Great summaries. I watched the entire vid and couldn't have articulated and summed it up half as well. You guys talk pretty!

My 2 cents.

Pannone had compensators on most of the micro compacts he discussed and recommends them. I think all his guns had red dots. Someone mentioned that Craig Douglas said that people in his classes were getting blowback in their eyes from comps when shooting from retention. Pannone respectfully disagreed and mentioned he'd follow up with Craig. Also, mentioned he didnt see that when he took Craigs class.

Emphasized shooting what you carry, the importance of grip, and target focused shooting.

Im very glad I watched the vid. Right now I use an LCP with a laser as my micro GTFO me gun to break contact. I need to get some trigger time to evaluate the G48, G43X, P365 and P365 XL
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

Site Supporter
    I'm not up on all the boutique plastic glock clones out there, but isn't the Arex Delta a full-size gun (Glock 19 size)?

User Tag List