Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I was able to run .22 splits and keep the dot in the A zone at 7 yards with the CR920. It took some work.
    The XR920 produced .19 splits with much less effort, as one might expect. Given the size of the CR, I am happy with that.
    Sounds right. Yeah the bigger ones are easier for sure if I really push close range I can once in a while hit 0.16 ot 0.17 with a mr920 but generally 0.18 ot 0.19

.22 with a cr920 is good. That is my happy place too for that size.

My g43 didnt want to feel hollowpoints until I went to a Suarez spring.

For me the g43 really hammers the bone in the back of my right thumbm the cr920 doesn't and I can fire it all day

Quote Originally Posted by il duce View Post
    Took my CR to the range finally and put 200 rounds through it. I didn’t have any failure to ejects but I did have 6 failure to feed in the first 3 mags. After the third mag I had no other issues aside from my grip causing me to ride the slide stop so it wouldn’t lock back.
    Nice at least that is still within the breakin period

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Sounds right. Yeah the bigger ones are easier for sure if I really push close range I can once in a while hit 0.16 ot 0.17 with a mr920 but generally 0.18 to 0.19

.22 with a cr920 is good. That is my happy place too for that size.

My g43 didnt want to feed hollowpoints until I went to a Suarez spring.

For me the g43 really hammers the bone in the back of my right thumbm the cr920 doesn't and I can fire it all day

Only other person I've heard mention that. Everyone looks at my bloody thumb and assumes I don't know how to grip the gun. It's a tiny gun there is literally no room if I want any support palm to even get close to touching the grip I need to sacrifice the thumb.

I will say though mole skin tape has really helped the issue, the 43, 43x, 48, and cr920 all bite me about the same. I thought the beavertail would help on the cr, I was dreaming.

Some would argue that I should find a gun that doesn't bite because Im not going to apply mole skin in a defensive situation. I don't think ill be worried about my thumb then.

Curious have you ever caused a malf from it? I haven't yet but I need to shoot more anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post
    Only other person I've heard mention that. Everyone looks at my bloody thumb and assumes I don't know how to grip the gun. It's a tiny gun there is literally no room if I want any support palm to even get close to touching the grip I need to sacrifice the thumb.

I will say though mole skin tape has really helped the issue, the 43, 43x, 48, and cr920 all bite me about the same. I thought the beavertail would help on the cr, I was dreaming.

Some would argue that I should find a gun that doesn't bite because Im not going to apply mole skin in a defensive situation. I don't think ill be worried about my thumb then.

Curious have you ever caused a malf from it? I haven't yet but I need to shoot more anyway.
    That is interesting. Do you have huge hands? I actually have small hands.

I try to grip all these gun the same way I grip a g19. The G43 will hammer the base of my dominant hand humb unless I do something completely different with my support hand.

The cr920 I love because I can grip it the same way and be fine. This is because the glock 43 beavertail has a slight curve down vs the cr920 which is straight back (end of yhe beavertail)

I have not had a malfunction due to this. And I agree it is not something to be worried about in a defensive situation. Usually I can shoot around 100 rounds out of a g43 before it bothers me. But I get a wicked callous and open blister there with a g43

That is interesting. Do you have huge hands? I actually have small hands.

I try to grip all these gun the same way I grip a g19. The G43 will hammer the base of my dominant hand humb unless I do something completely different with my support hand.

The cr920 I love because I can grip it the same way and be fine. This is because the glock 43 beavertail has a slight curve down vs the cr920 which is straight back (end of yhe beavertail)

I have not had a malfunction due to this. And I agree it is not something to be worried about in a defensive situation. Usually I can shoot around 100 rounds out of a g43 before it bothers me. But I get a wicked callous and open blister there with a g43
    That's incredibly interesting that you have small hands. Mine are pretty big yeah but I'm not shaq or anything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Noboundries View Post
    That's incredibly interesting that you have small hands. Mine are pretty big yeah but I'm not shaq or anything lol.
    Yeah I have small hands. Just how I come out of holster with a g19 and cr920 doesn't work for the lower curve of a g43 beavertail. I hate that small curve lol

My cr920 how runs perfectly with 3 or 4 g43/48 slides

My cr920 how runs perfectly with 3 or 4 g43/48 slides
    Nice. I have an G43xmos upper with a PMM Micro JTTC comp. I will run that thing on the lower as soon as I get an optic on it.

I put a G43xMOS upper that has a Wolff 5-pound striker spring on the CR920 lower. It instantly improved the trigger on the CR920 to an obvious degree. Lighter and smoother. The CR920 trigger feels a bit crunchy with the factory upper on it.

Similarly, I put the SS upper on my G43x lower that has an SSVI Tyr trigger. It instantly felt crunchy and heavier. Now I am curious what parts interchange so I can try to clean that up.

User Tag List