Thread: Congrats 2022 TN IDPA BUG State Champ Randy Harris!

Congrats 2022 TN IDPA BUG State Champ Randy Harris!

Friend and fellow forum member @Randy Harris won the TN State IDPA BUG Division over the weekend and thought I would return the favor of him calling me out for my MI State Steel Challenge win all of those years ago (2018). I am sure he will be along to share a little and post some pictures.

Well done and congrats to Mr Harris!

Name:  D92E07D5-0B85-4C21-B6F1-1774FC8F043C.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  42.3 KB

Thanks MVS!

People are probably going to be interested in my gear. I used my 25 year old Glock 26 with the old style Glock +2s ( the ones that only add 1 round of .40) with trijicon night sights. It is box stock the way I bought it back in 97. I’d normally roll with a iwb holster but it was very cold that morning and I was going to be wearing a jacket or vest all day anyway so I used a Blade Tech OWB holster of about 1998 vintage. My mag pouches were Blade Tech with Tek Lok attachments.

As to the actual match I focused on trying to draw quickly and shoot carefully so as not to ever have to go to the 3rd spare mag . If the stage required 18 rounds I was going to fire 18 exactly and no more. I was trying to be disciplined and not try to “chase” the faster shooters in other divisions , just stay focused and shoot my game and that was to try and not give up any -3s and no misses. I was close, I was down 32 total for a 12 stage match but I did have one miss (it probably wasn’t a double but I’d like to think it was 😉 ) and I had a minus 3 on 2 separate movers. A bunch of my -1s were on head shots taken either on the “zombie stage” or on head shots taken to stay away from the numerous non threat targets.

Overall though I felt pretty good about my performance and I felt like if anyone beat me they deserved it. I shot with the workers and other sponsors (I donated a free spot in an upcoming Red Dot class ) on Friday so I didn’t even look at scores until Saturday morning about 11:00AM and I was pleasantly surprised to see my name at the top of the list in Master BUG with only 2 guys in Expert that looked like they had a chance of still pulling ahead.

By the time I got back to the range they were finishing up and by the time the scores were posted I had ended up on top. This was really a big deal for me since I had not shot a sanctioned match since the 2019 TN State IDPA match (before the pulmonary embolism that almost killed me in Nov of 2019) . It has been a long road back to getting healthy and trusting my body. Lots of time in the gym and treadmill and the range and doing dry work at home to get back to where I want to be. So anyway, thanks again MVS , looking forward to shooting with you in Oct at the Holiday Havoc!

You can see some of the match videos on my Facebook page (Randy Harris) or on the Harris Combative Strategies Facebook page. (I tried to post em here but unfortunately my shooting skills far outweigh my technical skills )
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 04-04-2022 at 07:10 PM.

Congratulations. Awesome work!
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I’m sorry guys I just can’t get the video to transfer over and post here. Like I said if you are interested you can see 4 of them at my the Harris Combative Strategies Facebook page and there are some other videos there too that you might find vaguely interesting.

Congratulations, Randy!

Just a quick and very trivial clarification....

I mentioned the old style glock + 2s . Those are the the pre 1998 (?) +2 that are physically not big enough to accept 2 rounds of .40sw. I believe the factory part # was 1967. Those did not come on the G26 mags when I bought that gun in 1997. I added them later. I bought a bunch of 'em from Glockmeister after I discovered they only added 1 round of .40sw to the 9 round G27 mag and I carried the G27 that way for several years as my primary carry gun. I added them to the G26 in 2004 after the AWB ban expired.

With this base plate and standard Trijicon sights the gun just barely fits inside the IDPA "box" to be legal size wise. I think if my sights were any taller (Dawson or Warren Sevigney) or if the mags had the current +2s it would not be able to fit the box.

So if any sharp eyed reader was wondering how my gun with a plus 2 still fit the IDPA BUG box it is because they are the older shorter ones.

User Tag List