Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nightforce NX8 1-8 thoughts and experience in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Excellent info. Thanks!

I’ve found I usually don’t like 1.93” mounts. I was hoping ti find something between that and 1.57.
    Is it Bobro that has the 1.7” or Badger Ordnance?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Badger makes 1.70 mounts.
    Thanks. I actually have one but nothing to put in it. Lol!

ETA: I’ve also had my eye on this. 1.64.
    https://www.admmfg.com/recon-m-mount-odg

Nightforce NX8 1-8 thoughts and experience in 2022

The Badger 1.7 is the way. I don’t foresee myself ever using a different height again. Crazy that it took so long and there are still so few options to put an LPVO close to the most common RDS height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The Badger 1.7 is the way. I don’t foresee myself ever using a different height again. Crazy that it took so long and there are still so few options to put an LPVO close to the most common RDS height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Agreed. I have been holding out for a Scalarworks to try but can’t wait forever.

Site Supporter
    Slight aside, but people are built so differently that ideally you could tweak mount heigh with spacers or something. What‘s ideal for a shorter person with stump neck and rounder head probably won’t be ideal for someone with a giraffe neck and tall oval shaped skull.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

1.7 is awesome for this style scope imo. Good balance of speed and precision. The badger is well built, light and gives you offset capability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    1.7 is awesome for this style scope imo. Good balance of speed and precision. The badger is well built, light and gives you offset capability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The badger offers both off set and 12 o’clock options.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Wait, what? Since when has 1.7" been close to the most common RDS/HWS height? AFAIK, for lower 1/3rd, the common OEM heights are 39mm/1.54" (Aimpoint) and 41mm/1.61" (EOTech EXPS, Vortex UH-1). The various Aimpoint Micro mounts that are lower 1/3rd range are still more often closer to 1.54" than 1.7" (Scalarworks at 1.57", Geissele, Reptilia, Bobro, and Spuhr all at around 1.54", etc.). There are taller lower 1/3rd mounts, for sure, such as Daniel Defense, LaRue, ADM, throw in the number of folks still running absolute co-witness, and I would think that 39mm/1.54" LPVO mounting is going to be closer to the average "most common RDS height".

I am curious, how well does the 1.7" clear a PEQ-15 ATPIAL at the 1200? I know that the 1.93" was chosen specifically to clear the PEQ-2 while using an S&B Short Dot 1-4, but I don't know how much taller the PEQ-2 sits on the rail, nor the S&B's FOV compared to newer optics.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Wait, what? Since when has 1.7" been close to the most common RDS/HWS height? AFAIK, for lower 1/3rd, the common OEM heights are 39mm/1.54" (Aimpoint) and 41mm/1.61" (EOTech EXPS, Vortex UH-1). The various Aimpoint Micro mounts that are lower 1/3rd range are still more often closer to 1.54" than 1.7" (Scalarworks at 1.57", Geissele, Reptilia, Bobro, and Spuhr all at around 1.54", etc.). There are taller lower 1/3rd mounts, for sure, such as Daniel Defense, LaRue, ADM, throw in the number of folks still running absolute co-witness, and I would think that 39mm/1.54" LPVO mounting is going to be closer to the average "most common RDS height".

I am curious, how well does the 1.7" clear a PEQ-15 ATPIAL at the 1200? I know that the 1.93" was chosen specifically to clear the PEQ-2 while using an S&B Short Dot 1-4, but I don't know how much taller the PEQ-2 sits on the rail, nor the S&B's FOV compared to newer optics.
    I don’t have a PEQ, but I have an DBAL-D2, and my 1.7” doesn’t have a scope yet. Lol! But maybe this will help. The Strike Eagle is in a standard height ADM.

Eurooptic finally had a batch of like-new demos and factory blem FC-DMx scopes go on sale for $400-500 off list price. Needless to say I couldn’t resist. Grabbed a Badger Ordinance 1.7 mount. Will post a review and side by side comparison against my ATACR, VCOG, and Razor. This will probably be my last LPVO purchase for a while - the spouse doth protest...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List