Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nightforce NX8 1-8 thoughts and experience in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Nightforce is now selling a capped version of the NX8. It was previously only available for LE purchase. This new version is using the FC-DMx reticle from the ATACR.

Part number C654.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Hmmm. That’s a pretty good looking set of characteristics. If I was in the market for an LPVO, I’d be trying to find their veterans discount price list.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    So the new hotness is projected to ship in July. Time to save your Pennies.

For those with significant time on these:

I was told the tight eye box issues on these can be alleviated by considering it a 1-6x with a bonus 2x as the eye box is noticeably better / more forgiving at 6x vs 8x

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I was told the tight eye box issues on these can be alleviated by considering it a 1-6x with a bonus 2x as the eye box is noticeably better / more forgiving at 6x vs 8x
    FFP would become more critical as the reticle will stay scaled.

I would want a tighter eyebox at higher magnifications as it will help reduce parallax.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

That’s how I’m thinking of the Razor 1-10 when I get to use it some more. Zeroing and grouping, the 10x is great. But I’m going to try and keep it in the 6-8 range for more dynamic stuff and see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t see a reason to start a new thread. Those folks with the NX8, are you still happy with them? I’m trying hard to resist but it’s not going well. Lol!

How’s the illumination? So many companies claim daylight brightness and so few actually achieve it. Any pics of the FC-DMx reticle?

Thanks in advance!

The illumination is very bright. I’m in S AZ and even on a cloudless midday I don’t have to turn it all the way up…

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    The illumination is very bright. I’m in S AZ and even on a cloudless midday I don’t have to turn it all the way up…
    That’s what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

Still loving mine! I have the older FC-Mil reticle, but got the gov model with the capped turrets. Plenty bright. I usually keep mine on 5 or 6. I did just today put it back in a Reptilia AUS30 mount with an RM06 on an ROF 90 (12:00 piggyback mount). I tried it solo in a 1.93 NF Ultramount. If you’re only going to run the scope and want it to behave as much like a red dot as possible, the taller mount helps. For me, I found that past 200 yds the lack of solid cheekweld became problematic and I still had the “what ifs” in the back of my mind about the close and fast stuff. I just have a little more confidence in a piggybacked dot and feel more comfortable with a heads up position than tucked into a scope.

Also, once you get the mount position and diopter right, the glass is great. I was spotting my own .223 hits at 100yds through the NX8 on paper. It’s not a true long range precision optic, but for a carbine I think the size, weight, and capabilities hit a real sweet spot.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Still loving mine! I have the older FC-Mil reticle, but got the gov model with the capped turrets. Plenty bright. I usually keep mine on 5 or 6. I did just today put it back in a Reptilia AUS30 mount with an RM06 on an ROF 90 (12:00 piggyback mount). I tried it solo in a 1.93 NF Ultramount. If you’re only going to run the scope and want it to behave as much like a red dot as possible, the taller mount helps. For me, I found that past 200 yds the lack of solid cheekweld became problematic and I still had the “what ifs” in the back of my mind about the close and fast stuff. I just have a little more confidence in a piggybacked dot and feel more comfortable with a heads up position than tucked into a scope.

Also, once you get the mount position and diopter right, the glass is great. I was spotting my own .223 hits at 100yds through the NX8 on paper. It’s not a true long range precision optic, but for a carbine I think the size, weight, and capabilities hit a real sweet spot.
    Excellent info. Thanks!

I’ve found I usually don’t like 1.93” mounts. I was hoping ti find something between that and 1.57.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Excellent info. Thanks!

I’ve found I usually don’t like 1.93” mounts. I was hoping ti find something between that and 1.57.
    Badger makes 1.70 mounts.

User Tag List