Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: +P 38 Special Hand Load

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    First they load from my Safariland Comp IIs significantly better than wadcutters, and because they are a gas check bullet they shoot very cleanly. After over 150 rounds through the two revolvers I had at the range that day a couple passes with a good fitting brass brush and the barrels and chambers were spotless.

Back in my PPC days I shot a lot of swagged wadcutters at ~ 700 fps and my bull gun didn't clean up as easily as these hand loads did going from 826-1002 fps.

Dave

That makes sense. Thank you. My town load for my 640 Pro is the Hydra Shok deep. I've been running a 158 grain hardcast LSWC over CFE pistol as a woods load, but I think this bullet might be a better choice.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I’d bet that the 231 load @812 fps would be perfectly fine, penetration wise, too. It has a higher Sectional Density than 230 gr ball, at similar velocity, with a more effective design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

User Tag List