Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FCC directed to collect firearms intel during amateur radio license applications

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The tell that this is somebody yanking people's chains is the line "the Second Amendment is likely to be repealed or held unconstitutional." I know of no method that an amendment in the Constitution can be held to be unconstitutional. It's in the frigging Constitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Sorry Steph. The 18th Amendment banned drinking alcohol in 1919. The 21st Amendment restored sanity in 1933 by deleting the 18th from the Constitution.

Duces
    That proves my point. The 18th Amendment was not held to be unconstitutional. The Constitution was amended.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

That proves my point. The 18th Amendment was not held to be unconstitutional. The Constitution was amended.
    So the Constitution was held to be unconstitutional?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    So the Constitution was held to be unconstitutional?
    No, it was amended. There's no requirement to do or say anything other than supercede a provision. For example, the 20th Amendment changed the beginning of both Congressional terms and Presidential terms.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Goddamned April fool's day shit.

User Tag List