Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI- Nashville TN

RFI- Nashville TN

Nashville PF'ers- Can you kindly supply your current recommendations for eating, entertainment, and unique experiences to cover ~72 hours on the ground. Both for the typical tourist traveler, and those more adventurous. Kindly include any safety, security screening, pandemic, crime prevention information as applicable. Thanks.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I recommend visiting Andrew Jackson's Hermitage about 30 min outside of the city. Very good tour guides, great history, and beautiful grounds. Jackson was certainly a very interesting president to say the least and the museum there explains his life and presidency well.

Not from Nashville but whatever you do, find this place. Legendairy Milkshake Bar.

Name:  1F121F54-10F9-4262-AE28-407DE06C7C63.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  36.4 KB

The golf cart tour of the downtown area was an hour well spent also.

Segway Tour Downtown Nashville is fun, covers a lot of ground. If it is something that may interest you consider bringing your bike helmet with you. Would recommend Grecko Greek Street Food and Five Points Pizza (either location), Pharmacy Burger has a comfortable beer garden & burgers. On the weekend the downtown farmers market is worth the time to see grab lunch.

Ms. Okie and I were there as tourists pre-COVID. Merchant's was good for dinner, but without knowing it, we were there on Vanderbilt's graduation weekend. Broadway was an epic mess but still a lot of fun.

We also found some good restaurants in The Gulch. We drove through Belmont University and toured the Belle Meade plantation. Both are worth a look.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Two of my favorite non-touristy places to eat are San Antonio Taco Company near Vanderbilt and and Grillshack Burgers and Fries (1000 Riverside Dr) in East Nashville.

Plenty of violent crime in Nashville, even in some of the nicer areas.

If you like music, there are many options downtown, along with the Opry, of course.

If you like baseball, the Nashville Sounds (Triple-A) have a nice stadium close to downtown.

Lower Broadway becomes the definition of "stupid places with stupid people doing stupid things" a few hours after the sun goes down. If you want to see highlights from the night before, check out the "Scoop:Nashville" Twitter account.

The Gulch area, which is close by, is more sane, and has nicer restaurants and clubs. Another area nearby that I prefer is the 12 South area (12th Avenue South, with clubs and restaurants).

If you like modern bluegrass (like Allison Krauss type music), The Station Inn is a must-see. It's my favorite place to see live music downtown. If you're willing to venture out a little further, Franklin (about 30 minutes South) has some interesting places, and Puckett's in Franklin is a good place to eat and catch live music.

If you like barbecue, Edley's is a favorite. I also very much like The Whiskey Kitchen for a hot chicken sandwich and Old Fashioned's.
    Ordinary guy

Thanks. My search-fu sucked I guess.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Bolton’s for catfish and chicken wings. Great sides too!

It’s like a cinder block bunker so touristy it ain’t
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List