Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snubby holsters

Snubby holsters

Since the Snubby revolver thread is going well, there have been mentions of some holsters that folks like, but that info may get “lost in the sauce” a bit. I’d appreciate input on good holsters for AIWB, IWB, cross draw and pocket carry. If there is already a thread dedicated to snubby holsters, I’d be happy to be directed there.

Thanks in advance.

I’m pleased with my Dark Star Apollo for j-frame. The standard metal clip is very solid. https://darkstargear.com/shop/revolvers/

Quote Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
    Since the Snubby revolver thread is going well, there have been mentions of some holsters that folks like, but that info may get “lost in the sauce” a bit. I’d appreciate input on good holsters for AIWB, IWB, cross draw and pocket carry. If there is already a thread dedicated to snubby holsters, I’d be happy to be directed there.

Thanks in advance.
    Mica or DeSantis Nemesis for pocket carry. For belt (3 o'clock) I've got a couple Galco Tritons for the Taurus 605 and S&W 642. (Same holster, but I have to adjust the screws out for the slightly fatter Taurus.) Both the older style of that holster, both with snap loops. For LCRx I ordered out a JM Custom IWB something, set up the same way (snap loops, 15 degree cant). I used a DeSantis SlimTuk for the LCR while I waited for the JM Custom to get made. Worked pretty well for a $20 holster.

For me it's a phlster city special in an enigma most of the time. If it's going in a pocket than it's an Aholster
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Site Supporter
    Darkstar Apollo for me too

Kramer pocket holster or a cheap Amazon belly band (taking recommendations for what guys are using here). I tried the AIWB thing but for me it printed more than a 1911. So if I’m wearing pants with a belt it’s a 1911.

Site Supporter
    I use LH and RH Kramer pocket holsters, an AIWB from Zulu Bravo Kydex and a Phlster City Special on an Enigma. Need to pick up an ankle rig for the times I may want to go that route.

Site Supporter

Snubby holsters

I have a leather aiwb holster for my LCR from Bobby Mac that I heard about from @SouthNarc.

To this day it’s the most comfortable setup I own, I can literally lose track that I’m wearing it. Unfortunately Bobby Mac seems to have disappeared; I Iast heard from him in 2014. Plus, the Sig365xl that I just picked up with a jmck aiwb 2.5 is getting close to as comfortable and holds 140% more rounds.

I do own a jmck for my lcr; it’s really good but not quite as comfortable as the leather from Bobby Mac.

Edited to add: the aholster pocket holster is where my lcr goes 90% of the time I’m carrying it anymore.
    Last edited by luckyman; 03-31-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Site Supporter
    My snubby is probably not one carried by the majority here, but is also one for which finding holsters can be a challenge: a Colt Detective Special from 1995. What I have found works for me:

IWB: FIST ultra thin kydex.

OWB: Dillon leather pancake style holster

Shoulder: Galco Miami Classic

Ankle: Renegade (the version with the leather tab sewn behind the trigger guard on the elastic holster body).

Speed strip carrier: Dillon leather vertical belt pouch

Speed loader pouch: Aholster Backtrain pocket carrier (I have purchased these and was impressed with them but have not actually used them for carry).

User Tag List