Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding Trauma Kit that fits in a single AR15 mag pouch?

Bleeding Trauma Kit that fits in a single AR15 mag pouch?

Setting up a micro chest rig and want to keep things light and simple. I see SOAR Rescue makes a Bleeding Control kit that fits in an AR mag pouch: https://shop.soarescue.com/collectio...g-bleeding-als - Curious if anyone knows of any other kits out there that are similar? I'm fine getting a SOAR kit, I just want to evaluate options and typing, "IFAK/FAK that fits in M4 mag pouch" - isn't getting me much.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Setting up a micro chest rig and want to keep things light and simple. I see SOAR Rescue makes a Bleeding Control kit that fits in an AR mag pouch: https://shop.soarescue.com/collectio...g-bleeding-als - Curious if anyone knows of any other kits out there that are similar? I'm fine getting a SOAR kit, I just want to evaluate options and typing, "IFAK/FAK that fits in M4 mag pouch" - isn't getting me much.
    Note: The kit you linked does not appear to have a tourniquet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Note: The kit you linked does not appear to have a tourniquet.
    Yes, I will mount a TQ separately, you just can't get a viable TQ and FAK into a single magazine pouch.

What rig are you intending to go with? A "mini-dangler" add alot of space without adding much to the footprint.

The new Shaw placard has room for four mags (so you can burn one for the med packet), and attach the TQ holder under the placard

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    What rig are you intending to go with? I "mini-dangler" add alot of space without adding much to the footprint.

The new Shaw placard has room for four mags (so you can burn one for the med packet), and attach the TQ holder under the placard
    I have a Ferro Mini Chesty and I'm planning to run their super simple 3-mag TEAR front. Since the whole rig is intended as a 'bump in the night'/low profile evac where I will have access to more magazines and tools - Two 30-rounders plus the one in my gun is sufficient for my needs on the rig. I want it thin enough to hide under a light jacket. And light enough/thin enough to throw in the bag with my Rattler.

I think Eleven-10 used to, or still does.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I have a Ferro Mini Chesty and I'm planning to run their super simple 3-mag TEAR front. Since the whole rig is intended as a 'bump in the night'/low profile evac where I will have access to more magazines and tools - Two 30-rounders plus the one in my gun is sufficient for my needs on the rig. I want it thin enough to hide under a light jacket. And light enough/thin enough to throw in the bag with my Rattler.
    I have one of those as well, and the spiritus mk5. My emergency configuration is using the placard as a "purse". I changed the ends of a Spiritus back strap to use as a shoulder strap, and it's easier to don, than dealing with all the straps of a chest rig, and I can still hide it under a jacket.

I'm faster donning a plate carrier than a chest rig. the "purse" is by far the fastest

I have one of those as well, and the spiritus mk5. My emergency configuration is using the placard as a "purse". I changed the ends of a Spiritus back strap to use as a shoulder strap, and it's easier to don, than dealing with all the straps of a chest rig, and I can still hide it under a jacket.

I'm faster donning a plate carrier than a chest rig. the "purse" is by far the fastest
    Do you have an around the body strap as well, or are you just slinging it across the offside?

Do you have an around the body strap as well, or are you just slinging it across the offside?
    Over the left neck/shoulder with a single strap.

My placard is set up to go on the PC with First Spear tubes. The strap doesn't modify any of that connection setup. I can pop off the shoulder strap and clip the placard straight onto the PC
    Last edited by theJanitor; 03-31-2022 at 02:36 PM.

I have one of those as well, and the spiritus mk5. My emergency configuration is using the placard as a "purse". I changed the ends of a Spiritus back strap to use as a shoulder strap…
    I think I’m tracking your description but any pics would be insightful.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List