Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Willis Diagnosed with Aphasia

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Bruce Willis Diagnosed with Aphasia

I know there are a lot of 'Die Hard' fans around. From a statement on Instagram:

To Bruce’s amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities. As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him.

This is a really challenging time for our family and we are so appreciative of your continued love, compassion and support. We are moving through this as a strong family unit, and wanted to bring his fans in because we know how much he means to you, as you do to him.

As Bruce always says, “Live it up” and together we plan to do just that.

Love,

Emma, Demi, Rumer, Scout, Tallulah, Mabel, & Evelyn
    From NIH:

Aphasia is a disorder that results from damage to portions of the brain that are responsible for language. For most people, these areas are on the left side of the brain. Aphasia usually occurs suddenly, often following a stroke or head injury, but it may also develop slowly, as the result of a brain tumor or a progressive neurological disease. The disorder impairs the expression and understanding of language as well as reading and writing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Damn, that’s a bad break. Wondering if he actually had a stroke or some mini-strokes .
    At the early age of 67 ( plus …. problems most likely occurred at an earlier age).
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    That sucks….

I guess we need to add “fuck 2022” to the long list that included, among others “fuck 2021,” and “fuck 2020…”

Wait, I already had 2022 penned in. Y’all know what I mean though.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Didn't he do a lot of his own stunt work early on?

At any rate, this truly sucks for all involved.

Wait, I thought hollywood elites weren't people and we didn't care about them?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    But the Die Hard series exempts him. And as far as I know he keeps his pie hole shut and just kills bad guys.

Yippee K A motherfucker…

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    For most Hollywood idiots you would be correct. I haven’t seen anything from him that makes me lump him in with the likes of DeNiro, Rufalo, Nielsen and others of their ilk.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

This is not a good sign. I knew that he had a stutter growing up. If he truly has aphasia (communication/read/write/understand disorder) vs something like dysarthria (speaking disorder), it is likely he has some degenerative neurological disease. Weird because he just made 6 straight to Netflix movies (all bad) in 2021 and like 6 are in post production this year. The last movie he was in that I liked was R.E.D.

Site Supporter
    RED is a good movie. I think most of us here on pistol forum relate to the character he played in the first Die Hard movie.

User Tag List