Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Revisiting Kimbers

I have an 18-month update to my “revisiting Kimber” experience.

Since buying that TLE, I picked up a Springfield TRP. I wanted a higher-end-ish production 1911 without a firing pin safety.

Guess which pistol is back at the factory for multiple problems, and guess which one has eaten several thousand semiwadcutters. JHPs, hardball loads, and softball loads, from no fewer than four different magazine manufacturers, receiving only minimal regular cleaning, and zero—zero—malfunctions?

Name:  IMG_3611.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  86.1 KB

I have worn the finish off the thumb safety from use, but that’s about the extent of anything negative I might have to say. This particular TLE is carry-worthy. I’ve been pleasantly and genuinely surprised.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post

Since buying that TLE, I picked up a Springfield TRP. I wanted a higher-end-ish production 1911 without a firing pin safety.

Guess which pistol is back at the factory for multiple problems, and guess which one has eaten several thousand semiwadcutters. JHPs, hardball loads, and softball loads, from no fewer than four different magazine manufacturers, receiving only minimal regular cleaning, and zero—zero—malfunctions?

I have worn the finish off the thumb safety from use, but that’s about the extent of anything negative I might have to say. This particular TLE is carry-worthy. I’ve been pleasantly and genuinely surprised.
    Good to hear and niiice looking setup. I’ve always had and heard about good experiences with the TLE and Warrior models.

Vending Machine Operator

That's awesome news, good to hear. Nice looking setup too.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I have also suffered from the Kimber "stigma" since Cohen destroyed the QC of the company. However, fast forward to earlier this year, I purchased a 2" K6S DAO revolver. I cannot praise this gun enough, so much so that I have since purchased a 3" K6S DASA and the new K6XS. All three of these are north of 1,000 rounds since August with zero issues. I prefer the 3" K6S DASA over my Pythons - the trigger is simply better.

I have yet to bring myself to stray outside of their revolvers. I am a 1911 snob.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I have also suffered from the Kimber "stigma" since Cohen destroyed the QC of the company. However, fast forward to earlier this year, I purchased a 2" K6S DAO revolver. I cannot praise this gun enough, so much so that I have since purchased a 3" K6S DASA and the new K6XS. All three of these are north of 1,000 rounds since August with zero issues. I prefer the 3" K6S DASA over my Pythons - the trigger is simply better.

I have yet to bring myself to stray outside of their revolvers. I am a 1911 snob.
    I can’t vouch for any of the other 1911s outside of mine. I’m not super enamored with Swartz safeties and proprietary sight dovetails. But, I trust this one completely and am looking for a Target model now.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    I can’t vouch for any of the other 1911s outside of mine. I’m not super enamored with Swartz safeties and proprietary sight dovetails. But, I trust this one completely and am looking for a Target model now.
    The "Warrior" models are "series 70" type (no Swartz safety). They don't use the kimber "swoosh" sights but I'm not sure of the dovetail cut dimensions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The "Warrior" models are "series 70" type (no Swartz safety). They don't use the kimber "swoosh" sights but I'm not sure of the dovetail cut dimensions.
    I have a first run Warrior. It has Novak sight cut/sights. It has always worked without issue. Can't vouch for the newer ones.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    FYI, Heinie makes sights for Kimbers. I installed Heinie rear sights on a couple of Kimbers and they worked great.

User Tag List