Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My cousin the professional rodeo cowboy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    A place where EVERYONE stands and removes their hats for the National Anthem, where people tend to be respectful to each other and are all about wholesome good fun.
    Nobody kneeling today...

Name:  IMG_20180225_142538.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  100.4 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Last time I was in Wyoming, i saw my cousin's old partner (a fellow world champion in steer wrestling/bulldogging). The words "big motherfucker" describe him quite well. Great guy.

Name:  17377_100311339999204_7740186_n.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  70.2 KB
    #RESIST

I was never much into rodeo despite being born in Pendleton, Oregon and living within a 30 minute drive until I was 28. The round-up is within a week of my birthday too. I do really like Pendleton whiskey though, way better than Jack Daniels (there, I said it). And I really liked The Cowboy Way. And all them Garth Brooks rodeo songs.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 02-26-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Lat time I was in Wyoming, i saw my cousin's old partner (a fellow world champion in steer wrestling/bulldogging). The words "big motherfucker" describe him quite well. Great guy.

Name:  17377_100311339999204_7740186_n.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  70.2 KB
    His /fist/ has five o'clock shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    His /fist/ has five o'clock shadow.
    And he shaved it right before the event too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Lat time I was in Wyoming, i saw my cousin's old partner (a fellow world champion in steer wrestling/bulldogging). The words "big motherfucker" describe him quite well. Great guy.
    As much as I enjoy (watching!) steer wrestling, I prefer tie-down roping a bit more.
    -- 1. Because roping is pretty cool. and
    -- 2. There's more "stuff" to get right... And the horse has to do its part right too..

I don't think folks can appreciate just how BIG the steer wrestling guys are from watching on TV. They'll show you the guy by himself in the frame, with no external points of reference. When Bear Pascoe (former Giants TE on their Superbowl-46-winning team) was being introduced yesterday, there he was on the giant monitor all by himself. You could tell he was a big dude, but what really drove it home was when he whipped out a football and held it up for the camera. His hand covered half the ball, literally. Not "his fingers reached across half the ball"... When he held out the ball, you could only see half of it. I would not want to get in the way of Bears' paw.

If you've never been to a rodeo, you're missing out. Even the weekend tourist rodeo in the Fort Worth Stockyards is a good time. Bring a date and catch a band at Billy Bob's after the rodeo. Or bring your kids and let them try to grab the ribbon off the tail of the sheep or the head of a calf... Good times.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 02-26-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Resurrecting this old thread..... Figured it was as good a place as any to post this.

Anyone been watching the NFR (National Finals Rodeo) this past week?
    Wife and I have been watching every night. Some nights I even manage to stay awake for the bull riding.

Tonight is the final round... Starts at 6:45 Central time, broadcast live (no tape delay!!!) on RFDTV.

In this incredibly depressing year for live sports, the NFR has been a breath of fresh air. Moved it from Vegas to Ranger Stadium (Globe life Field) in Arlington, TX due to covid. Live audience. Tailgate party outside in the Stockyards (weather has been great here except for Friday). Nobody bringing their social justice issues to the field. Just some ass-kicking rodeo.

If you get RFDTV on your cable feed, it's a must watch. Coors Banquet Beer optional.

User Tag List