Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My cousin the professional rodeo cowboy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Update: My cousin is very likely going to the National Finals Rodeo.. You can do no better in the professional rodeo cowboy world.
    Cool stuff
    Just looking at that photo makes my back hurt.

A bit OT... I was in Vegas a few years ago during NFR finals. I was trying to sweet-talk the pit boss for some comp tickets. At one point I asked the dealer at my table if it got any extra-rowdy with all the cowboys in town. Turns out the Dealer was a former barrel racer. She said "No. Did YOU ever see a Cowboy with enough money for gambling in Vegas? I've dated lots of cowboys and I can tell you... They're all BROKE"...

Cool

My family has lifetime front row seats to the National Finals. We rotate them out every year amongst the family.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    My family has lifetime front row seats to the National Finals. We rotate them out every year amongst the family.
    My family and I enjoy the rodeo... Fort Worth stockyards does a fun interpretation of a rodeo that we go see every now and then. Actually just bought a Groupon for the Stockyards Rodeo yesterday. The more serious rodeo events near here are at the Will Rogers center (coming up in January)and at Resistol Arena in Mesquite. Went to WRC a few years ago. Also have been to several smaller rodeos in NM and CO, just happened to be in the area when they were going on .. Always a good time and family-friendly.

Lesson: Anyone tough enough to (repeatedly) ride a bull or a bronc, or wrastle a steer.... Don't mess with them.

Best of luck to your cousin.

I ve learned to love Rodeo. When my daughter was riding her trainer was competing in Rodeo queen competitions so we went to a lot of events to watch her compete. She ended up winning Ms. Rodeo USA a couple years ago at the Finals. Spending time with Rodeo fans and people gives you a great deal of inspiration and makes you have a little bit of restored faith in this country. A place where EVERYONE stands and removes their hats for the National Anthem, where people tend to be respectful to each other and are all about wholesome good fun. Truly a great sport with athletes that define TOUGH".
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Lil - Let me know if you're coming out again. We'll definitely have to hook up again this year if you're here.

Tough work.

I know a guy who lost his right nut to a bull ride gone bad. Seriously.

It's official; he's going to the National Finals.
    #RESIST

It's official; he's going to the National Finals.
    Awesome, best of luck to him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Awesome, best of luck to him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    +100

Will you be going to Vegas??

I'm not in Vegas but my cousin won last night's round.
    #RESIST

User Tag List