Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video of horrific pile up on I81 in Pennsylvania 3/25/22

Video of horrific pile up on I81 in Pennsylvania 3/25/22

#RESIST

Yikes.

When we had a call on the highway, we’d roll the tanker and position it as a blocker to protect the ambulance. It wouldn’t stop a semi but would probably deflect most cars.

I stopped watching when all I heard from the video-taker is he needs his shit from his car, not about the welfare of the people likely severely injured.

I've never driven in snow, so I can't comment about much of it anyway

Reminds me of the winter of 1976-1977 driving back to NYC from San Francisco. Coming across PA, there were trucks and vehicles overturned every few feet. I don't know how my buddy and I made it back unscathed in his Opel with a non-operational heater.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I stopped watching when all I heard from the video-taker is he needs his shit from his car, not about the welfare of the people likely severely injured.

I've never driven in snow, so I can't comment about much of it anyway
    At the end of the clip, he says he's going to go try to rescue people.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

It's difficult to tell from the video but the dumb f*** could have tried to go up the road and flag people.

But he want to make sure he got his 15 minutes of fame to put on YouTube at the expense of others.

There was a video in my area of a woman getting beaten while 10 big strong men stood in video taped.

And also explains why we have guys like Biden as president watching the dumb f**** get hit and then just sit in their car or get out not expecting anybody else to come.

Sad exposé on how stupid people really are

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    It's difficult to tell from the video but the dumb f*** could have tried to go up the road and flag people.

But he want to make sure he got his 15 minutes of fame to put on YouTube at the expense of others.

There was a video in my area of a woman getting beaten while 10 big strong men stood in video taped.

And also explains why we have guys like Biden as president watching the dumb f**** get hit and then just sit in their car or get out not expecting anybody else to come.

Sad exposé on how stupid people really are
    It was actually less than 3 minutes of fame. To be fair to him, with that visibility he would probably get hit trying to flag people down on the roadside. That guy standing next to his car in the first minute almost got nailed by a car. Not to Monday morning quarterback him, but I'd probably throw a couple of road flares about 150 yds prior to the crash site to at least force people to slow down and be more cautious. I have 3 flares in my car. Never had to use them given I live in rarely snowing or foggy central AZ.

According to state police, there were at least 50 vehicles involved in the chain-reaction crash.

The Schuylkill County coroner is on scene at this crash and many more people were hurt. The Associated Press reports at least three people have died.

Firefighters were still putting out multiple vehicle fires on Monday afternoon.

Drivers tell Newswatch 16 it all happened very suddenly. People described whiteout conditions that seemed to come out of nowhere. Drivers heard explosions and felt their vehicles getting hit. Buses picked up stranded travelers and took them to a nearby Wegman's distribution center as well as a fire company.
    https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...6-5b8dda164e34

It got a bit sketchy where I am but, but I did not realize the storm was going to be this intense.

This is where smart GPS in the future could high alert drivers of wrecks up ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    This is where smart GPS in the future could high alert drivers of wrecks up ahead.
    Good point. The first vehicle to crash automatically reports “Hey! I’ve crashed *here*.” Approaching networked vehicles are automatically notified. Each additional crashed vehicle would automatically amplify the warning.

I guess the current electronic version of throwing flares would be to make a Waze report, but only a small percentage of drivers use it.

With the visibility pictured, running upstream and trying to flag traffic would be futile unless you had flares or similar devices.

Most people grossly underestimate how far back you have to go to give people a chance to see you, process, react, and slow from highway speeds. 70mph is 100 feet per second. A lot of distance is covered during
    “What’s that?”
    “A guy waving”
    “I wonder why he’s waving?”
    “Maybe I should slow down a bit”

User Tag List