Thread: RFI: electric shavers

RFI: electric shavers

Just like the title says, looking for a decent shaver that doesn't cost a ton. Cordless not important, wet shave not important. My first try was one of the tri-head Phillips Norelco ones, which sucked. Had to push hard as hell, couldn't take off more than a couple days worth of growth of my fast growing hair.

Doesn't need to be the cleanest shave in the world, just has to remove all this grey colored stuff from my grill.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Strange, my whiskers do ok with a Norelco. I bought one when blade and foil replacements for my Bauer got nearly as expensive as the new Norelco. I kept the Bauer, its sideburns trimmer is superior.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

My wife gave me Braun Series 7 for Christmas and I've been extremely happy with it. It actually does as good a job as my safety razor does. For reference, I used a Norelco with the three rotating blades previously. That thing was hot garbage.

I think the Norelco's work best if you use them (about) every day.

Site Supporter
    I've been using Remington foil shavers for 30 yrs. The F5 series for the last 5 yrs, pivoting head and long-hair center cutters. Other Remingtons have pivoting heads but they don't move as easily as the F5 which means less friction. The secret to the most comfortable shave is to shave prior to showering so your skin isn't water logged and apply Afta pre-electric lotion and let it dry completely. Shaver will just glide over your skin.
    Adam

I just bought this this one for my truck, it’s legit close as a blade for a few hours if I use for a few minutes while driving. I’m quite pleased with it, my only bitch about it is that the lid/mechanism pops up very easily, dumping your whisker shavings everywhere. I’ve had it since January. It comes with a nice case and cleaning kit, plus you can dry or wet shave with it.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Based on the Wirecutter rec, I went with the Remington F5 for my son. I have used it occasionally with acceptable results.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...lectric-razor/

As others have said- keys for us are shave a clean and completely dry face. Apply a decent lotion/aftershave balm after.

Lubriderm 3 in 1 Lotion and Nivea are great
    https://www.lubriderm.com/products/c...ns/mens-lotion

https://www.niveausa.com/products/se...130620079.html
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List