Thread: Found a "interesting" K Frame Speed loader

Found a "interesting" K Frame Speed loader

I hope this hasn't been discussed yet.

I found this speedloader while wasting time on the interwebs. I am not sure what I think about it.

It is 3D printed so I am not sure how durable it will be.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 03-28-2022 at 03:55 PM. Reason: formatting

Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Weird and complex is my first reaction, but I sort of want to get one and play with it.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I think that's a really slick idea, I would like to see that design built upon.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    At $50/per, I can resist.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    At $50/per, I can resist.
    Me too. If it was half that price, I'd be tempted to buy one knowing full well there was at least a 75% chance it would wind up in my Box Of Bad Ideas along with all the other speedloaders I've tried that aren't Safariland Comps.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Interesting. Even neat. Seems overly complex. I get why its complex, there are people that like speed strips (generic term) for lay flat, but want the speed of a speedloader. That said, I guess I have never understood why people can dress for a revolver but cant for a Safariland Comp1. To each his/her own.

Nope.

Way too many small parts, matched with a complex series of actions to prepare it for use.

I have no doubt it's a fascinating tool, but I just foresee too many chances for failure under stress. When I need to reload a K/L/N-frame revolver under a speed constraint and NOT dropping it and pulling the backup J-frame, the last thing I need is a speedloader that could be deformed due to a spring failure of plastic part snapping.

Yes, my Safariland Comp's are made of a polymer/plastic/recycled Chiclet material, but are not designed to change their outer geometry in this fashion.

<insert grumpy old Luddite harrumph here>

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Looks like an atomic mousetrap. I’ll pass.

Honestly, besides the “Strip Clip Thing” that everyone hated but I kinda like, I’ve found myself using a simple old school dump pouch. I know...it’s not cool and will probably not optimum...but neither is the snubby. Or me for that matter.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Interesting, but I'm skeptical.

-Somewhat easy conversion from flat profile to the actual circular configuration needed to reload

Dislikes: - Price; as others already said, at $15-$25, I'd likely get at least one to experiment with, but $50 is no bueno

- Probable complexity, along with multiple fiddley motions required to utilize for the actual reload. Not likely good for stress-filled real life required defensive reload situations

- Unproven durability and reliability, especially with/for defensive use and/or organizational use

Since it's significant plus is its profile configurability for defensive carry, it in my mind that singular advantage is negated by the dislikes I've listed. For admin/range/competition use, I can deal with the additional bulk inherent to Safariland Comp and HKS existing and throughly vetted alternatives.

Best, Jon

User Tag List