Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Smith assaults Chris Rock, wins Oscar

At the University of Michigan, we call that smack giving your opponent the “Fab Five” as recently made famous by our basketball coach Juwan Howard who slapped a rival coach.

Now, keep in mind that Will Smith’s slap is not as straightforward as Juwan Howard’s 5-fingers of death incident that was directed against an oppressor. I mean, look at how quickly the media drummed up excuses for Howard about how that Wisconsin coach instigated the slap for calling a timeout while so far ahead. Will Smith, on the other hand, slapped another member of the victim class. Had he slapped an oppressor like Jimmy Fallon, the Academy probably would have just suspended his buttered popcorn privileges for a few weeks. So, members of the Academy will need a few days to do the Marginalized Groups Calculus to determine an appropriate punishment. In the meantime, Smith should be thankful that Rock stopped identifying as a trans woman more than a decade ago.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

What a gaggle of self-absorbed douchenozzles.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    At the University of Michigan, we call that smack giving your opponent the “Fab Five” as recently made famous by our basketball coach Juwan Howard who slapped a rival coach.
    I saw that too, and was more than a bit surprised nothing else happened. What the fuck ever happened to "nothing anybody says gives you the right to touch them?"

If you don't like what somebody is saying, either give it back to them or leave. But, slapping somebody because "he disrespected me"?? That reeks of somebody who's never gotten punched in the face before. And, those are precisely the kinds of people who could most benefit from spending some quality time pondering their life choices, while getting stitched up at the local ER. For fucks sake...

(I'm pretty sure the proper usage would be "he was being disrespectful to..." But, I suppose as long as you're good at sportsball or "acting" *rollseyes*)

Good for Will Smith.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Good for Will Smith.
    That’s where I’m at on it. I’m surprised to see (some) folks here who talk about how our society should bring back educational beat downs get all offended when somebody actually does the deed in a very public manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    That’s where I’m at on it. I’m surprised to see (some) folks here who talk about how our society should bring back educational beat downs get all offended when somebody actually does the deed in a very public manner.
    He's not part of their tribe, therefore it's wrong.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Good for Will Smith.
    Name:  A981DF17-47C7-4C64-B0B4-7F63C5BEE128.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  45.1 KB

He's not part of their tribe, therefore it's wrong.
    Really? That's the reason? I think that's bullshit.

Maybe some of us think that it was fake outrage (after laughing) and self-serving. Had it been genuine disrespect and mean-spirited, I'd be sympathetic.

But yeah, I don't think many in Hollywood are part of my tribe, whatever that implies. I must be anti-thespian.

For the record, I'll have stood up for my wife for 35 years, this year.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Anytime you speak on or joke about a man's wife or children, you're running the risk of getting the taste slapped outta your mouth. This doesn't happen often enough.

User Tag List