Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Smith assaults Chris Rock, wins Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Question: Why aren’t charges being filed, whether or not Chris Rock wants to press them? There were only about ten million witnesses.
    Different set of rules for rich celebrities is my guess. Kinda how Caitlyn Jenner killed somebody and the world just shrugged and forgot all about it.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Different set of rules for rich celebrities is my guess. Kinda how Caitlyn Jenner killed somebody and the world just shrugged and forgot all about it.
    Oh my god is that what happened to Bruce Jenner and is this what "deadnaming" means and why it's such a big deal????

I thought it was suspicious that he just seemed to disappear and we weren't supposed to mention him, even though he was a famous athlete at one time, IIRC.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    Oh my god is that what happened to Bruce Jenner and is this what "deadnaming" means and why it's such a big deal????

I thought it was suspicious that he just seemed to disappear and we weren't supposed to mention him, even though he was a famous athlete at one time, IIRC.
    You know, you're right. That did happen before the transition.

We need commentary and play by play by this guy.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Somebody in Tinsel Town slapped someone else from Tinsel Town and dropped a couple F-bombs.

Conduct unbecoming. I'm 100% onboard with voting with your wallet and defunding Hollywood. Not because of this, but because of the culture war and how much it has devolved. Don't watch their big budget movies, which are increasingly throwing out all of the principles of good storytelling. Don't watch their award shows, which are increasingly self-fellating over subpar performances.

Quoting Glenn Reynolds; "Well, to be fair, the Oscars is a garbage show about a garbage industry run by garbage people."

I will continue to blithely ignore almost all of Hollywood.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

It seems Smith found a very public way to look tough since their last public scene when his wife told the world she'd been having sex with their son's rapper friend. In all seriousness, I think Smith needs professional help. I also think Chris Rock should stop doing comedy for Hollywood. I'm not into entertainment drama but I've seen no less than 50 memes revolving around this story today so I got curious.

Having to wake up and have my morning coffee while reading this everywhere, my only thing to add is that I'm sad Rock didn't pull out a POM and hose down Smith once he got within effective range.

Count me in the "stick-and-stones" camp. I have to value a person in order to value anything that person might say, but physical touch elevates things to criminal behavior and justify self-defense. I have never understood why K-12 school should be less safe and have less consequences for physical violence against a child's person than anywhere else in public.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I amazed at the amount of "assault is ok, as long as I agree with it" comments.

Every one of those same people in the audience would have lost their minds if a stage hand had run up and slapped Chris.
    Every one of those same people in the audience would have lost their minds if a white actor had run up and slapped Chris.
    Every one of those same people in the audience would have lost their minds if a police officer's wife was insulted by Chris, and the officer slapped Chris.
    Every one of those same people in the audience would have lost their minds if Will Smith had run up and slapped a female comedian who made the same joke.
    Every one of those same people in the audience would have lost their minds if Jessie Plemonds had run up and slapped Amy Schumer for her joke about Jessie's wife (Kirsten Dunst).

Kevin hart made a joke about homosexuality 12 years ago on his twitter, and he gets run out of the Oscar hosting gig. But commit and assault, and later get an Oscar and a standing ovation.

For 75 years, comedians has hosted the oscars and had made jokes and comic jabs at all the celebrities in the first few rows. Should they all be assaulted? Context matters. this was not some bar at two am, where some random drunk is shit talking your wife. It was a comedy act, with zero malice attached. It is doubtful whether Rock even knows Jada has a medical issue, and did not just decide she liked the bald look.

Rock handled it like a pro. He did not swing back. He did not verbally lose his shit as he could have (and we know he could have verbally destroyed Will). He did not just walk off stage as he could have. He composed himself and carried on with the night, as a true professional. Will Smith should be ashamed of the embarrassment he was. Hollywood should too.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List