Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Cigar weather until late may.

Site Supporter
    Picked up a semi grail snub from my FFL's tonight. There's a 6th hole in that cylinder.
    Name:  20231106_172331.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  43.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Picked up a semi grail snub from my FFL's tonight. There's a 6th hole in that cylinder.
    Name:  20231106_172331.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  43.0 KB
    Nice! A 332 with a pinned front sight would be more than welcomed in one of my pockets!

Thanks to this thread, I brought home a damn Ruger LCR .22, today.

Now I'm on to these Altamont wrap-around pinky extended grips. Maybe I'll settle here. Pinky control and has a rounded backstrap that fills the web of the tumb.
    I shot this tonight, and it did very well compared to the Hogue bantams, where I can't hit much

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Thanks to this thread, I brought home a damn Ruger LCR .22, today.
    Name:  IMG_4817.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  77.6 KB

The LCR22 is an amazing little thing. I’ve got a few new Taurus acquisitions I need to fire but I think that one (LCR22) is simply a great little snub.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Name:  IMG_4817.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  77.6 KB

The LCR22 is an amazing little thing. I’ve got a few new Taurus acquisitions I need to fire but I think that one (LCR22) is simply a great little snub.
    This LCR makes my 5th new revolver this year.

I've been shooting autos lately for reasons from "tutoring a friend" to "I feel like it"; so I hiked my daily driver 2" Model 10 out to knock the rust off before a family party. After shooting a test and then spending a couple cylinders of timed ball and dummy working the weak points it showed, I ended my trip stapling up a paper plate for some 15 yard ball and dummy off the timer. Up from low ready and rolling through a shot when my sight picture seemed good enough. First shot hit within the 6" central flat. Second live shot showed nothing on target so I walked to the target to see why it didn't appear on the backer despite my sights and trigger press feeling good. It had hit and turned the first hole in \to a teeny figure 8. Back out to 15 for more ball and dummy. The next live shot also looked like a miss from the line but had turned the group into a cloverleaf. I packed up and went home to change for the event because I knew better than to blow a good thing by pushing my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    I've been shooting autos lately for reasons from "tutoring a friend" to "I feel like it"; so I hiked my daily driver 2" Model 10 out to knock the rust off before a family party. After shooting a test and then spending a couple cylinders of timed ball and dummy working the weak points it showed, I ended my trip stapling up a paper plate for some 15 yard ball and dummy off the timer. Up from low ready and rolling through a shot when my sight picture seemed good enough. First shot hit within the 6" central flat. Second live shot showed nothing on target so I walked to the target to see why it didn't appear on the backer despite my sights and trigger press feeling good. It had hit and turned the first hole in \to a teeny figure 8. Back out to 15 for more ball and dummy. The next live shot also looked like a miss from the line but had turned the group into a cloverleaf. I packed up and went home to change for the event because I knew better than to blow a good thing by pushing my luck.
    The downside of those k frame snubs is that you waste so much of the target because it puts all of the bullets together. They sure are fun and easy to shoot.

User Tag List