Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just hung up with Tony at JM, and he has an interesting design inspired by this thread. Hope to post a picture soon.
    What's being done differently than current offerings? Tony's my go to for kydex. Always interested in another option for hiding a snubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    1) short stroking the LCR - I have never short stroked my 327 LCR. It may be because I put a metric f**k ton of dry fire trigger pulls before carrying it, and it may be that at the time the only revolver I regularly short before that was my 642, so possibly I had not been habituated to the S%W style pull. After DB followed my lead in going to the 327 LCR, he told me he also did a ton of dry and live fire pulls before carrying it, and I think he said he only short stroked once very, very early on, and none since.

2) 22LR snubs - I get the appeal, but I can't do it myself. Partially because I am not convinced the round will do what I need it to do consistently, but mostly because the trigger pull is ALWAYS so heavy with them to ensure of ignition. I really tried to get into the 351, but the pull just killed it. One of the reasons I gravitated so quickly to the LCR was that out of the box the pull was decent, and it has only gotten more smooth over the last three years. My wife with her badly arthritic hands can easily shoot the LCR, but cannot go any heavier.

I wish I could like this more than once.

Mr. Burch, to your knowledge has your wife ever short stroked the LCR?

My wife has not and I suspect as you alluded to, the short stroking comes when someone has a preconceived notion of what they want this gun to do as opposed to listening to what the gun is telling them they can do.

@jh9

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    What's being done differently than current offerings? Tony's my go to for kydex. Always interested in another option for hiding a snubby.
    Low volume, ambi, clip, with it without a wing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Low volume, ambi, clip, with it without a wing.
    Hmmm, sounds like your describing a DSG Apollo.

Site Supporter
    Hmmm, sounds like your describing a DSG Apollo.
    But hopefully more comfortable.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    But hopefully more comfortable.

Chris
    What sort of issues do you have with it? I used them in the past without issue. Current have a version from Zulu Bravo that I'm pretty fond of, although it hasn't really gotten used since I got an Enigma set of for j frames.

Site Supporter
    What sort of issues do you have with it? I used them in the past without issue. Current have a version from Zulu Bravo that I'm pretty fond of, although it hasn't really gotten used since I got an Enigma set of for j frames.
    The Apollo I bought for my J-frame was great. In fact, it was so good, I bought one for my LCR immediately after getting the LCR. The LCR Apollo was very uncomfortable. That was a few years ago, so I can't recall the details, but I recall it just not working for me. I replaced it with a generic kydex IWB holster that, with a few mods, works great AIWB. It's in one of the pics up-thread.

Chris

Just hung up with Tony at JM, and he has an interesting design inspired by this thread. Hope to post a picture soon.

Call him back and tell him to not forget the SP101

Site Supporter
    Zulu Bravo Kydex AIWB with molded in wedge.
    Name:  20220330_163206.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  57.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Double post.

User Tag List