Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I do have this boat anchor of a 22LR just collecting dust here.

Attachment 86601

But rimfire triggers are really heavy to help ignition and it just seems like a lot to trade off.
    That’s sweet! If my LGS had one of those yesterday, I probably would not have been able to get my CC out fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Peer pressure is telling someone to buy one brand of equally made clothing over another because the first brand is in fashion. It is not peer pressure to have many people point out the serious problems of a .22 as a defensive round. I don't know that anyone is listening to Rhett as much as don't have the time or inclination for rehashing things that were already debated here in depth:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post939337
    Peer pressure is when a group pressures an individual to fall in line with what the group has agreed upon in their echo chamber. It’s not simply limited to fashion choices although I could probably make an arguable my that carrying a certain caliber or gun is fashionable as both seem to fall in and out of the approval of the cognoscenti. As to rehashing, I’ll take your advice and agree to disagree on the efficacy of a 22 for self defense.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

As I’ve written elsewhere I would rather I didn’t carry a snub, but I do. I can’t pocket carry one in hardly any of my pants, but I sometimes will aiwb one in a particularly challenging NPE, like tonight under a T shirt at a scouting event. There are circumstances that the J will hide in when the CCO won’t. I am kind of hoping that the P365xL either fills that role or makes me so happy with the platform that I get a regular 365.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I do have this boat anchor of a 22LR just collecting dust here.

Attachment 86601

But rimfire triggers are really heavy to help ignition and it just seems like a lot to trade off.
    I have never seen an I-frame gun, nor seen a picture next to someone's hand. That is small.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    ...nor have I ever unintentionally short stroked a revolver trigger. My experience with LCR revolvers is zero, but my S&W revolvers throw the trigger forward with great authority.
    I find after I do a lot of work with the M&P 340, I am susceptible to short stroking the GP100. Don't think I've ever short stroked the S&W. A definite difference in reset feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    So a M&P340 loaded with Black Hills wadcutters pretty much lived in my pocket during waking hours. It's light enough for pocket carry, there's no lock, and the tritium front sight and larger than typical rear trough make it worth the extra $$$. Downsides: The trigger sucks, and there's a hitch in the reset. I keep meaning to go in there and smooth things out a little, but these past two years of work from home means I've just gone to larger OWB alternatives instead when out and about.
    My M&P 340's trigger is pretty sweet now. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....reconditioning

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    The owner of the just shot dog might be not too far behind.
    Not sure of the relevance, but this reminds me of Hal Fish.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I think of my 442 as one of those "always" guns. I don't really consider it a great primary fighting handgun, but it is a good gun to always have on you to slide in your pocket for times when it is not practical to have a proper full size gun on you. Mine has spent who knows how many hours riding in my front left pocket, and the ability to slide my hand into my pocket and have a hand on it when trouble approaches is a very good thing, even if I choose to draw it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Not sure of the relevance, but this reminds me of Hal Fish.
    Id forgotten about that. I think it might be Harold Fish

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/terr...old-fish-story
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    I have heard a lot about the LCR22 lately. Is it really better than the 43c? What makes it better? Accuracy? Timed drills? Both?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I think of my 442 as one of those "always" guns. I don't really consider it a great primary fighting handgun, but it is a good gun to always have on you to slide in your pocket for times when it is not practical to have a proper full size gun on you. Mine has spent who knows how many hours riding in my front left pocket, and the ability to slide my hand into my pocket and have a hand on it when trouble approaches is a very good thing, even if I choose to draw it or not.

Word

Site Supporter
    I have owned about every snub made since 1950 and still have many. I see no advantage to those in 22 caliber except for practice. If I were buying an LCR for self defense, I would select one in 9mm using moon clips. Currently I own and sometimes carry an LCR in .38 Spl. I regret selling the 22 LCR.

About Green Beret dudes and their self defense recommendations. I see little connection between their training and civilian self defense requirements.

User Tag List