Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Site Supporter
    I don’t own one but here is a kydex rear pocket holster that is available for the SP101
    https://alabamaholster.com/product/back-pocket-holster/

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    ...Back at the camper I used what I had at hand to clean the salt and sand off of it which was hot water and Dawn dish detergent...

...Does anyone make a holster for the back pocket?...

To the first point, sink cleaning is a thing among certain professionals.

Second point

I semi-regularly carry a 4" N frame Smith in my Carhartt back pocket in a Safariland pancake type holster. I rotate it somewhat clockwise or forward, meaning the sight tipped towards the right top edge of the pocket. This holds it in position well and snags the edge of the holster and pretty well eliminates the sights or hammer snagging on the pocket when drawn. Not ideal, but for going out in the yard doing chores or walking the dog around the place it works fine. It hasnt moved on me when ive done it, the butt is where I expect it.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Paul Harrell Uses a Bar of Soap To Clean!

The guy actually uses a bar of soap, and dish soap to clean of his his firearms! Steve Martin was joking, but Harrell is serious.

Site Supporter

Model 38

Quote Originally Posted by R89074 View Post
    Smith and Wesson model 38,ammo Winchester 110 grain Silver tip.
    Picked up a minty 38 and absolutely love the thing!

Loaded with standard pressure Buffalo Bore 125 grain JHP

Name:  85977C3B-31E3-4A4A-8DB5-CC1D99222D04.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  28.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticlightfighter View Post
    Picked up a minty 38 and absolutely love the thing!

Loaded with standard pressure Buffalo Bore 125 grain JHP

Name:  85977C3B-31E3-4A4A-8DB5-CC1D99222D04.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  28.3 KB
    First Jframe I ever shot looked just like that. Sweet gun! Congratulations!

Had my 638 out over the weekend, chasing trailer parts in my coveralls. Don't do that much pocket carry but I keep smaller grips on this one for when I do.

Last edited by mmc45414; 06-01-2022 at 09:54 AM.

I carry my SP101 around the house doing chores and general around the house things. Before I left for the beach I was doing the mowing, weed whacking, etc. and got fed up with the gun being in the way, AIWB in a JMCK IWB3. I moved it to the 4:00ish position and while it was better while running the weed eater it became problematic at while doing other things and I finally yeeted the holster towards the porch and dropped the revolver in my right rear pocket, it is there now. 'So, wow, ok this is doable, right? Somebody is going to call me weird and someone else is going to tell me how this is going to get me kilt in the street/yard...' Does anyone make a holster for the back pocket? Would something like the Aholster Backbone work? i Know pocket size is not standard but it seems all of my pockets are on the big side, I wear a lot of Riggs Work Wear and Key brand pants.
    https://mikaspocketholsters.com/product/pocket-holster/

Get the square cut version. Ought to do what you need it to do.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I just got back from the beach and in the sake of brevity I am going to double up on this post.

At the beach, I pocket carried my LCRX in the latest wally world beachwear fashion, drawstring athletic shorts, and didn't have any issues other than I got knocked down in the surf by one of the Danes. Wet shorts shows off everything you are packing! Back at the camper I used what I had at hand to clean the salt and sand off of it which was hot water and Dawn dish detergent. I did have a bottle of Lucas gun oil with me. The little Ruger held up well to all of that and I ended up with just a small amount of rust on the Speed Beez moon clip. I did rotate ammo out and all 5 HST rounds went off when I shot them this morning. I will pack some type of travel cleaning kit in the camper and leave it there.

Part duce:

I carry my SP101 around the house doing chores and general around the house things. Before I left for the beach I was doing the mowing, weed whacking, etc. and got fed up with the gun being in the way, AIWB in a JMCK IWB3. I moved it to the 4:00ish position and while it was better while running the weed eater it became problematic at while doing other things and I finally yeeted the holster towards the porch and dropped the revolver in my right rear pocket, it is there now. 'So, wow, ok this is doable, right? Somebody is going to call me weird and someone else is going to tell me how this is going to get me kilt in the street/yard...' Does anyone make a holster for the back pocket? Would something like the Aholster Backbone work? i Know pocket size is not standard but it seems all of my pockets are on the big side, I wear a lot of Riggs Work Wear and Key brand pants.
    Look up the Milk Bottle Holster or Claude Werner's Linoleum Holster.

I sometimes carry a S&W 442. Just went by a local thrift store and scored a brand new Alien Gear holster for it, for whopping $33! The dump pouch is another thrift store find that I paid $10 for. It’s a custom made pouch by Ray Sullivan out of Tampa Florida. This will be be my new carry setup for the 442! Name:  13B7C55D-CDD5-4CBD-B772-9B02EAF579B9.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  67.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    To the first point, sink cleaning is a thing among certain professionals.
    Name:  cleaning1.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  23.1 KB

"One of the most sought-after 1911 models on the market right now is Springfield Armory's Professional model. This finicky match-grade machine requires careful cleaning after firing, to ensure proper functioning."

- "Boomsticks: The Once And Future Pistol" (01/27/2006) by Tamara
    Yippee ki-yay

User Tag List