Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Rainy day. Good time to get caught up on a few classic threads.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I typically carry a 442-1 with VZ boot grips in a front pocket in a Safariland pocket holster. Can I just as easily carry an LCR in this mode as well? Would most likely get the Hogue bantam boot grips for it.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I typically carry a 442-1 with VZ boot grips in a front pocket in a Safariland pocket holster. Can I just as easily carry an LCR in this mode as well? Would most likely get the Hogue bantam boot grips for it.
    Handgun Hero is a very useful site for comparisons.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...sson-model-642

Everyone I have asked has said the LCR carries bigger than a J frame so in the front pocket where a little bit can be a lot it’s definitely bigger.

Been tempted many times to buy one and try it but no one has said it would be the same

LCR does carry “bigger” but, as always, the clothing and holster get the majority vote. With something like the SF holster I doubt it would be a game-changing issue. With a holster like a Mika I find my 442 works better in a more fitted pant despite my huge preference for the LCR.

I did finally break down and ordered Aholsters, both normal and backbone, for both Js and LCRs and I’m suspecting that the Aholster Backbone plus LCR will make the difference nominal.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

@jetfire has reviewed these a couple of times. I've wanted to try them since first sight because they harken back to the Fuzzy Farrant grips (circa '70's).

Just a bit of dry fire so far. Seems promising. I can grip the tiny OEM boot grips so deep with long fingers there can be trigger finger interference so we'll see how they shoot. Ugly suckers however. Really ugly. I don't carry this concealed in a front pants pocket regardless of grips so I'm not too worried about that.

Name:  ergo grip.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  48.1 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Today's partner

Site Supporter
    Regrets - I was at a gun show and saw a biker looking dude at a table wanting to sell a nice looking snubby SW Model 66. The dealer was hemming and hawing, saying this or that about the gun. Biker was losing the dominance dance and said that he even had the original grips (he said some aftermarket). Dealer offered a low ball and bider lowered his head and agreed. I was going to vault the table - NOOOOO! - and buy it for more but it was too late. Those guns appealed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    @jetfire has reviewed these a couple of times. I've wanted to try them since first sight because they harken back to the Fuzzy Farrant grips (circa '70's).

Just a bit of dry fire so far. Seems promising. I can grip the tiny OEM boot grips so deep with long fingers there can be trigger finger interference so we'll see how they shoot. Ugly suckers however. Really ugly. I don't carry this concealed in a front pants pocket regardless of grips so I'm not too worried about that.

As a side note, those reviews were done quite some time ago, and I've since changed my opinion on the grips somewhat. I still like what they represent, but I feel like they could have been executed a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    As a side note, those reviews were done quite some time ago, and I've since changed my opinion on the grips somewhat. I still like what they represent, but I feel like they could have been executed a bit better.
    I’m another proponent of the Delta grips, and have them on both of my J frames. I agree with Jetfire, I wish they would license them to or OEM them from VZ.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List