Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Site Supporter

Smith 640

I finished my Smith 640. I added an XS Standard Dot Tritium Sight and an Apex Duty/Carry Kit. After some polishing of the internals and installation of the kit, the trigger went from over 12 lbs on my Lyman digital gauge to 9lbs. 7 oz. average. I removed the lock and installed an Original Precision Plug. I traded the factory rubber grips for a set of the Uncle Mikes Spegel copies (I'm on a roll with my LGS and grips). A DB Force Options Pocket Holster from Wilderness Tactical and Winchester Defender 130gr. Bonded +P rounds out the package. Off to the range tomorrow.
    Name:  640 Finished.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  55.8 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I finished my Smith 640. I added an XS Standard Dot Tritium Sight and an Apex Duty/Carry Kit. After some polishing of the internals and installation of the kit, the trigger went from over 12 lbs on my Lyman digital gauge to 9lbs. 7 oz. average. I removed the lock and installed an Original Precision Plug. I traded the factory rubber grips for a set of the Uncle Mikes Spegel copies (I'm on a roll with my LGS and grips). A DB Force Options Pocket Holster from Wilderness Tactical and Winchester Defender 130gr. Bonded +P rounds out the package. Off to the range tomorrow.
    Name:  640 Finished.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  55.8 KB
    Nice set up. I'm not a big guy, but I found that holster to be huge. No way I'm pocket carrying that. Mine is actually housing a strategically placed snub around my house.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Nice set up. I'm not a big guy, but I found that holster to be huge. No way I'm pocket carrying that. Mine is actually housing a strategically placed snub around my house.
    It is pretty large which is why they and DB recommend them for Duluth type pants with large loose pockets. I have a Galco Horsehide pocket holster for jeans.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

I am looking forward to SHOT revolver announcements!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have you heard something?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I've just read through this entire thread, ha!
    I'm about to score a S&W 19 snub and currently have a 66 snub.

I've always preferred K frame over J frames, as I only carry IWB and not pocket carry.
    But, obviously J frame have their place. Most likely y'all have already seen the new J frame with front and rear sights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbmbcBoCcJg

So I just picked up a new M&P 340 that I bought online today.
    The trigger is atrocious. Nothing like any of my other hammerless Js. It starts out nice, but hits a wall about 1/3 way through the pull and goes up to probably 15lbs and gets lighter until it breaks.

I’m not even going to try to shoot it like that, it’s difficult to control just dry firing.

Should I send it to S&W or go straight to a good gunsmith?

I just want a good stock-ish trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    The trigger is atrocious. Nothing like any of my other hammerless Js. It starts out nice, but hits a wall about 1/3 way through the pull and goes up to probably 15lbs and gets lighter until it breaks.

I’m not even going to try to shoot it like that, it’s difficult to control just dry firing.

Reputable smith and ask for all new factory springs.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

Did you take the side plate off and lube?

I had more than one with dry internals.

Stone all the moving parts inside except the sear.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List