Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We have a bunch of specific revolver threads but I'm not aware of ones where folks just talk about what they are doing with snubs. Any interest in such a thread?
    Got a 442 in my pajama pocket as I'm typing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Just don't shoot an elephant in your pajamas...

(Groucho lives!)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    You do realize it’s 3:42pm right? Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    You do realize it’s 3:42pm right? Lol
    16:51 here, and I'm not leaving the house again today, so I feel that my wardrobe choice is vindicated.

Site Supporter
    I'm sitting in my recliner in sweatpants with a 351C in an Enigma.

I've been carrying a 43c since 2017, back when folks ridiculed people for carrying a .22 LR for self defense. I'm glad to see folks listening to Rhett in a manner that they never listened to Claude, because a .22 LR revolver is just as reliable as a centerfire revolver using the right ammunition. I went so far as to keep a range log for over 2000 rounds of bulk ammo versus CCI Stingers. The failure of the Stingers ran at a fraction of a percent. This led me to investigate why the premium ammo failed when it shouldn't have.

The main difference between Rhett's 8000 rounds of no failures versus my couple is that ALL my Stingers fired were carried, sometimes for an extended period of several weeks. So the short answer is that one needs to cycle the carry ammo in a .22 much more often than in a centerfire due to the differences in primer construction and the heeled bullet.

I still carry the 43C, I'm still running the reduced power Wolff spring and still get the same reliability as before. I ditched the 642 because I was underwhelmed with the accuracy and didn't care for the lighter bullets I needed to buy to maintain PoA/PoI. I like the weight of the 43C and the less obtrusive speedstrip.

I get a lot of folks have doubts about the .22 as a defensive tool. It's certainly intimidating to go against peer pressure.

In regards to never having a .38 or .357 fail, while I've never had either fail in a J frame, I have numerous failures in a L frame, L frame, N frame, and an LCR. That's probably a result of tens of thousands of rounds fired during matches and practice.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I've been carrying a 43c since 2017, back when folks ridiculed people for carrying a .22 LR for self defense. I'm glad to see folks listening to Rhett in a manner that they never listened to Claude, because a .22 LR revolver is just as reliable as a centerfire revolver using the right ammunition. I went so far as to keep a range log for over 2000 rounds of bulk ammo versus CCI Stingers. The failure of the Stingers ran at a fraction of a percent. This led me to investigate why the premium ammo failed when it shouldn't have.

The main difference between Rhett's 8000 rounds of no failures versus my couple is that ALL my Stingers fired were carried, sometimes for an extended period of several weeks. So the short answer is that one needs to cycle the carry ammo in a .22 much more often than in a centerfire due to the differences in primer construction and the heeled bullet.

I still carry the 43C, I'm still running the reduced power Wolff spring and still get the same reliability as before. I ditched the 642 because I was underwhelmed with the accuracy and didn't care for the lighter bullets I needed to buy to maintain PoA/PoI. I like the weight of the 43C and the less obtrusive speedstrip.

I get a lot of folks have doubts about the .22 as a defensive tool. It's certainly intimidating to go against peer pressure.

In regards to never having a .38 or .357 fail, while I've never had either fail in a J frame, I have numerous failures in a L frame, L frame, N frame, and an LCR. That's probably a result of tens of thousands of rounds fired during matches and practice.
    What hammer spring are you using?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Is anyone running a snub (up to 3") at 3 o'clock IWB? Pocket carry isn't an option for me and right now AIWB isn't much better.
    When I carry my 60-9, that’s usually about where I carry. IWB, kydex. IIRC, it’s a DSG Orion. I just use it there instead of AIWB. AIWB does work, but if I’m going to move the 60-9 there, I need to bob the hammer spur.

16:51 here, and I'm not leaving the house again today, so I feel that my wardrobe choice is vindicated.

Didn't happen without a picture.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    What hammer spring are you using?
    8 pound
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List