Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Thinking a j frame has always gone anything I’ve asked of it. Anytime I’ve needed a handgun a j frame was sufficient. Last night we had been to a birthday dinner for my sister in laws 50th. When we pulled in the drive I made the comment I would like to catch the armadillo that was tearing up our newly planted flower beds. I grabbed my flashlight from my pocket and found a big armadillo rooting away. I had my 60 AIWB and needless to say it and the DEWC did their job. Needless to say this morning I had a mess and had to break out the pressure washer.

I just found a Colt Agent production 86 model today, pretty happy about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Monti View Post
    Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by Monti View Post
    I love my Agent (made in '66). Great carry gun, and good to shoot. I much prefer it to any j frame
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I love my Agent (made in '66). Great carry gun, and good to shoot. I much prefer it to any j frame
    I had the light S&W 637 J frame 5 shot and well my daughter liked it, and so she bought it from me. The Colt Agent now replaces that

I have had excellent success shooting Velocitor in my S&W 43c. Easy extraction always and always goes bang. Other ammo has had sticky extraction. I decided to deep clean the chambers of my 43c to see if I could get good extraction with Mini Mags. I soaked the chambers with BoreTech C-4 carbon remover, scrubbed, brushed, patched and soaked with C-4 some more. I did several cycles of this, used a nylon brush in a drill, spun Scotch Brite on a cleaning rod etc. Chambers looked pretty clean.

I then shot 6 cylinders (48 rounds) of Mini Mags. I could extract with a push of my thumb. Then 2 cylinders of Winchester 555s that were laying around since one of the last shortages. The second cylinder was pretty stiff extraction but I could still use just my thumb. Then, without cleaning, I shot a cylinder of Velocitors. Very easy extraction.

I think I would like to hone the chambers to see what that does.

I got Ruger LCR 22LR the other day. I fired around 200 rounds of various ammo and always had to push the ejector rod against a hard object to extract. Most of the fired brass had a half moon bulge near the rim like an Auto that had the throat/ramp cut too deep. It is back at Ruger for repair.

Who else has had trouble with extraction on rimfire revolvers. I know some have had problems with 43c. How about 22LR LCRs?

Arthritis has flared up in my right wrist recently. Probably from shooting centerfire snubs. I'm probably going to stick with rimfire for a while to let my wrist to heal.

The rimfire revolvers seem to always get the first cylinder fired OK and maybe a smooth reload. The autoloaders seem to have less reliability even for the first mag. I've had light strikes with my S&W M&P 22 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This thread will cause snake shot sales to double in April/May.
    I’ve tried em. Snake shit is a better description.

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    It was under a week. $275 for black irons, add $50 for the red fiber optic front. Night sights were also an option but more expensive and a longer wait time from what I understand, I don't remember the cost.
    I shipped them my 351C yesterday. Jazzed.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Which sights are you having installed?

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I have had excellent success shooting Velocitor in my S&W 43c. Easy extraction always and always goes bang. Other ammo has had sticky extraction. I decided to deep clean the chambers of my 43c to see if I could get good extraction with Mini Mags. I soaked the chambers with BoreTech C-4 carbon remover, scrubbed, brushed, patched and soaked with C-4 some more. I did several cycles of this, used a nylon brush in a drill, spun Scotch Brite on a cleaning rod etc. Chambers looked pretty clean.

I then shot 6 cylinders (48 rounds) of Mini Mags. I could extract with a push of my thumb. Then 2 cylinders of Winchester 555s that were laying around since one of the last shortages. The second cylinder was pretty stiff extraction but I could still use just my thumb. Then, without cleaning, I shot a cylinder of Velocitors. Very easy extraction.

I think I would like to hone the chambers to see what that does.

I got Ruger LCR 22LR the other day. I fired around 200 rounds of various ammo and always had to push the ejector rod against a hard object to extract. Most of the fired brass had a half moon bulge near the rim like an Auto that had the throat/ramp cut too deep. It is back at Ruger for repair.

Who else has had trouble with extraction on rimfire revolvers. I know some have had problems with 43c. How about 22LR LCRs?

Arthritis has flared up in my right wrist recently. Probably from shooting centerfire snubs. I'm probably going to stick with rimfire for a while to let my wrist to heal.

The rimfire revolvers seem to always get the first cylinder fired OK and maybe a smooth reload. The autoloaders seem to have less reliability even for the first mag. I've had light strikes with my S&W M&P 22 Compact.
    I have the same issue with my 22 LCR and Federal Punch ammo. All other ammo types have had no extraction issues.

User Tag List