Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Call him back and tell him to not forget the SP101
    Or left hand folk.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Mr. Burch, to your knowledge has your wife ever short stroked the LCR?

My wife has not and I suspect as you alluded to, the short stroking comes when someone has a preconceived notion of what they want this gun to do as opposed to listening to what the gun is telling them they can do.

@jh9

She has not. To be fair however, she has not spent a ton of time on the LCR trigger because she does not carry. For her, her gun is a nightstand/home defense gun, and for that, she is running a SP101 that I bought from DB (his French police issue one), so I have to be careful in reaching too many conclusions from her data point. But there was never a point where a short stroke was even close to happening when she did shoot it.

And please, it's Cecil. I know I am old AF, but I don't like to be reminded of it.... LOL
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone know where I can get a hammer shroud for my alloy Agent?
    https://snubtraining.wordpress.com/w...ammer-shrouds/

Not original colt but a copy.

I have one on a cobra.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did some snub shooting today.

Installed CT-405 grips on a 43C. Did my best to zero the grips so the bullet strikes an inch high and a tad left, as far as I could see the red laser in the bright desert sun. The Federal Punch 29 grain bullet strikes lower than 40 grain bulk pack. Others noticed that? I did have one round of Punch fail to fire, despite hitting it twice. Went off the third time, when I removed it and put it back in, almost certainly a different cylinder, making me wonder about the 43C's timing.

Name:  01ABC78E-4527-4A9E-AB43-1DD9AB520067.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  28.9 KB

Also zeroed a new 405 laser on the DL 337. Not sure who has looked at the handbook for the CT laser grips, but I always find the diagram confusing, as it shows how to move the laser which is opposite of moving point of impact.

Name:  71CF515B-E1A1-45AB-9576-E7FC5FC7E4A7.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  32.7 KB

I have been carrying my 337 with the first two rounds of shot, followed by three Federal wadcutters.

Name:  46F83552-47AB-4FE7-B618-ED77FC8F6C85.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  46.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    https://snubtraining.wordpress.com/w...ammer-shrouds/

Not original colt but a copy.

I have one on a cobra.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I forgot to add, I don’t know if they have any more.

Site Supporter
    I practiced drawing a 642 from a Galco OWB leather holster and 'shooting' snap caps and then reloading from an HKS speed loader from the other side belt. Gun has a CT laser grip. Will see how it goes at our small carry match. Not going to plan reloads with a five shot gun. Just shoot it empty and reload. Can't plan reloads on DA STREET in a snub usage, I would think.

Anyone know where I can get a hammer shroud for my alloy Agent?
    Reach out to Michael de Bethencourt over at snubnoir.com. I think we've got some floating around.

Did some snub shooting today.

I have been carrying my 337 with the first two rounds of shot, followed by three Federal wadcutters.

Name:  46F83552-47AB-4FE7-B618-ED77FC8F6C85.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  46.0 KB

George, except for the spare magazine that is almost exactly how I carry two iron sighted G23s. One on each side of centerline, sights pointing to 12:00. At my request Tony set the guns lower (which is body-dependent).

Duces

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    George, except for the spare magazine that is almost exactly how I carry two iron sighted G23s. One on each side of centerline, sights pointing to 12:00. At my request Tony set the guns lower (which is body-dependent).

Duces
    You roll heavy!

This is my Agent, am I missing the holes to attach the shroud?

Name:  37DD58E1-AC6D-43A2-9AD2-0C7A4D8043CF.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  53.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    There are some here, but they are unfortunately loaded into Remington factory ammo: https://www.sgammo.com/product/38-sp...n-htp-ammo-rtp

Wasn't Remington's SWCHP the only one that actually expanded? Or am I remembering that wrong.
    I believe the Federal, Remington, and Winchester versions all expand at .38special velocities, but the Federal and Winchester versions are more velocity dependent. The Remington offering uses a softer lead than the others. None of them expand out of snubs, but the Remington pill will at 3"+ whereas the others need 4" barrels at the minimum

ETA: Somewhere in the interwebz ether is a picture of the 3 different 158gr+P LSWCHP fired in to 10% ordnance gelatin. There are projectiles fired from 4", 3", and 2". Its been so long since I have sen it, I dont recall if there also heavy clothing or 4LD as well. I havent found it.
    Last edited by Brian T; 03-30-2022 at 11:16 PM.

User Tag List