Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Site Supporter
    While I prefer the LCRx because of a hammer to thumb and the lack of internal lock, a 9mm 637 concerted fo DAO or even in .38 is what I prefer. Like the trigger better and it’s just slightly easier to carry.

For my wife the LCR trigger is better because she can actually use it.

I like to keep my snubs loaded with wadcutters of either Federal or Remington's "target" line. Right now its Remington because I found over half a case of 60's or 70's vintage 148gr Targetmasters at an estate sale recently for $7/50. All have gone bang so far, and produce very low spreads over a chronograph. For reloads, they are all Speer 135gr+P GDSB. The same will be said for my Model 64s when they come back from Fink's as they will be my attempt at a K-to-J (no, I dont think a K can replicate a J in ALL things, but I think they can in MOST things).

In my Model 14-3 and 15-3 its straight Remington 158gr+P LSWCHP*

*If anyone knows where can score some Remington 158gr LSWCHP projectiles, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I like to keep my snubs loaded with wadcutters of either Federal or Remington's "target" line. Right now its Remington because I found over half a case of 60's or 70's vintage 148gr Targetmasters at an estate sale recently for $7/50. All have gone bang so far, and produce very low spreads over a chronograph. For reloads, they are all Speer 135gr+P GDSB. The same will be said for my Model 64s when they come back from Fink's as they will be my attempt at a K-to-J (no, I dont think a K can replicate a J in ALL things, but I think they can in MOST things).

*If anyone knows where can score some Remington 158gr LSWCHP projectiles, let me know.
    There are some here, but they are unfortunately loaded into Remington factory ammo: https://www.sgammo.com/product/38-sp...n-htp-ammo-rtp

Wasn't Remington's SWCHP the only one that actually expanded? Or am I remembering that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    A knife is a much more specialized tool requiring a much higher degree of training to be proficient and to keep that proficiency. JMO

Actually, I disagree with that. A knife is a far easier tool to learn to use with proficiency. The problem is that it is too simple, and too many martial artists end up "padding" their teaching curriculum with lots of fluff and wasted movement. So we look at the technical/tactical use and it becomes complex and vast, but the practical use is simple - hold it like a monkey holding a screwdriver, and insert pointy end into the upper yoke (throat and up) or lower yoke (groin, femoral artery, taint, etc) until the bad guy gets off you or is willing to stay off you.

The truly hard part of knife usage is access and deployment, but that is either a situational awareness issue, or a grapplig issue, and neither has naything to do with training the blade.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    Additionally, he shot a .32 Long by Buffalo Bore with a hard cast flat point (didn’t get the bullet weight) through the denim — I think through a 2” LCR .327. It went about 13 inches, doing a 180 degree turn and ending up backwards.
    It was their 115 gr flat point SWC load

Just hung up with Tony at JM, and he has an interesting design inspired by this thread. Hope to post a picture soon.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post

They aren’t Remington bullets, but check out Rim Rock Bullets. They have some 158 LSWCHP bullets. I have never actually purchased any so I don’t know much about them.

https://rimrockbullets.com/xcart/g-c...-ammo-box.html

Wade

1) short stroking the LCR - I have never short stroked my 327 LCR. It may be because I put a metric f**k ton of dry fire trigger pulls before carrying it, and it may be that at the time the only revolver I regularly short before that was my 642, so possibly I had not been habituated to the S%W style pull. After DB followed my lead in going to the 327 LCR, he told me he also did a ton of dry and live fire pulls before carrying it, and I think he said he only short stroked once very, very early on, and none since.

2) 22LR snubs - I get the appeal, but I can't do it myself. Partially because I am not convinced the round will do what I need it to do consistently, but mostly because the trigger pull is ALWAYS so heavy with them to ensure of ignition. I really tried to get into the 351, but the pull just killed it. One of the reasons I gravitated so quickly to the LCR was that out of the box the pull was decent, and it has only gotten more smooth over the last three years. My wife with her badly arthritic hands can easily shoot the LCR, but cannot go any heavier.

3) hand in pocket on snub - this is a great feature for pocket carry, and can be a great technique. HOWEVER, the user has to have a much higher level of awareness and understanding how to gain positional advantage without looking like you are gettign ready to fight. It is far easier than most people think for someone to get too close to you and having one hand in the pocket and out of a contact fight is a bad idea. I have seen this play out over literally multiple thousands of FoF scenarios and in real life videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    1) short stroking the LCR - I have never short stroked my 327 LCR. It may be because I put a metric f**k ton of dry fire trigger pulls before carrying it, and it may be that at the time the only revolver I regularly short before that was my 642, so possibly I had not been habituated to the S%W style pull. After DB followed my lead in going to the 327 LCR, he told me he also did a ton of dry and live fire pulls before carrying it, and I think he said he only short stroked once very, very early on, and none since.

2) 22LR snubs - I get the appeal, but I can't do it myself. Partially because I am not convinced the round will do what I need it to do consistently, but mostly because the trigger pull is ALWAYS so heavy with them to ensure of ignition. I really tried to get into the 351, but the pull just killed it. One of the reasons I gravitated so quickly to the LCR was that out of the box the pull was decent, and it has only gotten more smooth over the last three years. My wife with her badly arthritic hands can easily shoot the LCR, but cannot go any heavier.

3) hand in pocket on snub - this is a great feature for pocket carry, and can be a great technique. HOWEVER, the user has to have a much higher level of awareness and understanding how to gain positional advantage without looking like you are gettign ready to fight. It is far easier than most people think for someone to get too close to you and having one hand in the pocket and out of a contact fight is a bad idea. I have seen this play out over literally multiple thousands of FoF scenarios and in real life videos.
    On your point one, where i have noticed the issue short stroking the LCR, is when trying to make a very precise shot, like when zeroing. I suspect it is because you are semi staging the trigger, consciously or subconsciously.

On your point three, a LE friend of mine made the point that left (support) hand revolver pocket carry is a no go for him, because his left hand is so integral to how he interacts with people.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    There are some here, but they are unfortunately loaded into Remington factory ammo: https://www.sgammo.com/product/38-sp...n-htp-ammo-rtp

Wasn't Remington's SWCHP the only one that actually expanded? Or am I remembering that wrong.
    I second the rimrock if you are looking for projectiles that have a history of opening.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just hung up with Tony at JM, and he has an interesting design inspired by this thread. Hope to post a picture soon.
    You have my attention. Dont know what he has in the works but Im following.

Quote Originally Posted by defilade View Post
    They aren’t Remington bullets, but check out Rim Rock Bullets. They have some 158 LSWCHP bullets. I have never actually purchased any so I don’t know much about them.

https://rimrockbullets.com/xcart/g-c...-ammo-box.html

Wade
    This is the bullet that buffalo bore uses. I have never ordered them but have read favorable reviews of them.

User Tag List