Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I’m sure the ankle holster made for an interesting tan line with the board shorts.
    You don’t have an underwear gun setup yet?

Everyone has gunderwear now.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    You don’t have an underwear gun setup yet?

Everyone has gunderwear now.
    Be careful where you point that - the safety doesn’t really work and it has a hair trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I’m sure the ankle holster made for an interesting tan line with the board shorts.
    Not with those tube socks!

I actually have not really been carrying my snub at all lately. I did put a few rounds through it about a month ago. I will probably dig it out for snake shot duty soon, as I can see some hikes in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Not with those tube socks!

I actually have not really been carrying my snub at all lately. I did put a few rounds through it about a month ago. I will probably dig it out for snake shot duty soon, as I can see some hikes in my future.
    This thread will cause snake shot sales to double in April/May.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I'm still using the same box I bought 5 years ago.

BTW, the orange capsule "Big 4" stuff sucks in .38/.357... patterns are far too full of holes to be useful, even at snake killing ranges,

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I'm still using the same box I bought 5 years ago.

BTW, the orange capsule "Big 4" stuff sucks in .38/.357... patterns are far too full of holes to be useful, even at snake killing ranges,
    I tested the Big 4 and agree, patterns like crap.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    only place I could find it anywhere was Ables

The post on the last page finally convinced me to send mine in too. Very fast turn around. Been debating doing it forever. It was either this or buy a LCR from Novak's with the rear sight but those never came in stock. I don't understand why they don't offer this on more than just the steel model from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    I don't understand why they don't offer this on more than just the steel model from the factory.
    Preach it. I dropped a grand on a 640 Pro solely for the sights. I would have preferred an Airweight in .38 +P without the ball cuts, moon clips or .357 chambering.

A 442 with sights from the 640 Pro would be outstanding.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    only place I could find it anywhere was Ables

I bought the empty capsules and used No 9 shot. 50 last a long time. Be sure to crimp adequately, but not hurt the capsule. A friend had an embarrassing moment when one of his moved forward on the first shot and an up close encounter with a decent size snake in the Verde became a moment of "why wont my gun function?"

The 38s as well as the 44s and 45 Colts have been pretty good with No 9 shot. Within about 5-6 feet its reliably been bang/flop on the snakes that Ive encountered.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List