Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

It was under a week. $275 for black irons, add $50 for the red fiber optic front. Night sights were also an option but more expensive and a longer wait time from what I understand, I don't remember the cost.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    If you don’t mind me asking; how long was the TAT? I wonder if the same could be done on a non-pinned front sight gun like a 642.

I echo the above a 642 Pro would be perfect. I’ve bought and sold 2 640 Pros both of which had gremlins. As much as I try a steel J frame just doesn’t make sense for me, as soon a belt and real pants are involved I’m just going 1911.

How do you carry your 1911?

J-Frame vs LCR:

The only reason I carry an LCR over a J Frame is because I can get one with a hammer to “thumb” when holstering. While a J frame can be had with a hammer, the hammer models have locks. The locks make me feel uncomfortable.

My dream J frame would be one of the 11-12 ounces, DAO, bobbed hammer, .38 special.

I can pocket carry an LCRx .38 ok, but it’s not J frame easy for me.

If there are affordable ammo options for the .327 LCR to be found, one of those would make me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do you carry your 1911?

J-Frame vs LCR:

The only reason I carry an LCR over a J Frame is because I can get one with a hammer to “thumb” when holstering. While a J frame can be had with a hammer, the hammer models have locks. The locks make me feel uncomfortable.

My dream J frame would be one of the 11-12 ounces, DAO, bobbed hammer, .38 special.

I can pocket carry an LCRx .38 ok, but it’s not J frame easy for me.

If there are affordable ammo options for the .327 LCR to be found, one of those would make me interested.
    In a SME or JMCK AIWB, I tried a 640 Pro in a JMCK AIWB but found it printed worse in that position for me. Probably has to do with the width compared to a flat 1911. For me a J frame is a pocket or belly band type gun.

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    It was under a week. $275 for black irons, add $50 for the red fiber optic front. Night sights were also an option but more expensive and a longer wait time from what I understand, I don't remember the cost.
    Thanks I gave him a call, it’s only an option for pinned in front sight guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    642 or LCR in .38 special? First-time snubby buyer and want to be able to carry in pocket, AIWB and possibly ankle. Leaning towards 642 Smith, no lock. I have medium hands/palms with shorter fingers so trigger reach is always a concern. WHich one wins there? Handgun Hero comparison suggests I'd be happy with the 642, honestly prefer the aesthetic also. Just worry about reliability and durability/corrosion resistance in humid FL summers.
    I have both. Honestly, pick one. S&W has better aftermarket. LCR has better trigger, and replaceable front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    Super close to sending off my 351C for this treatment as it's OEM sights are really POI impaired. As much as I love it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Isn't the story that Smith did two 942s and sent one to Wiley Clapp? It was not successful, IIRC. There are conversion outfits to make 9mm Js.

Site Supporter

Taurus® 327

The Taurus 327 is a double-action/single-action, chambered in .327 Federal Magnum (also compatible with .32H&R Magnum and .32 S&W). Available in 2-inch barrel.

https://taurususa.com/revolvers/taurus-327

Nice to see another manufacturer coming out with a .327 revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    The Taurus 327 is a double-action/single-action, chambered in .327 Federal Magnum (also compatible with .32H&R Magnum and .32 S&W). Available in 2-inch barrel.

https://taurususa.com/revolvers/taurus-327

Nice to see another manufacturer coming out with a .327 revolver.
    Wonder if/when the UL version drops?

Love those 340's.

A S&W 340PD in a AHolster backbone loaded with whatever those Federal 130gr. HP's that look like wadcutters is my 50% of the time pocket carry (the other 50% is a P365 SAS in a Blue Force Gear pocket holster).
    The 340PD in a Wilderness Safepacker is my mountainbike carry as well (usually switch to Buffalo-Bore wadcutters in the backcountry since thick skulled feral dogs are the biggest concern).

I also have a M&P 340 outfitted with a clip grip that resides in my center console along with a Blue Force Gear pocket holster and a speedloader on long road trips for a "grab and go" pocket or secure holsterless AIWB for quick gas stops or rest area breaks.

On my 9 hour roundtrip to Las Cruces and back home Tuesday I'll have the 340 ready to pocket/AIWB at my gas stops (El Paso and Alamogordo) and the 3 roadside breaks I always take (Capitan Gap, Aguirre Springs, Cloudcroft).
    My Glock 19X will be on the passenger seat in a Maxpedition slingbag "go bag".
    Drive in complete beltless comfort, quick easy grab and go carry along with 23 rounds of 9mm just a zipper pull away.

I have a 43C as my "trainer".

All my snubbies have smooth VZ boot grips.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List