Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub chat

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Who else has had trouble with extraction on rimfire revolvers. I know some have had problems with 43c. How about 22LR LCRs?
    Despite their unimpressive steels and heat treatments (!) the old H&R 929 "snubbies" I used to plink with were no worse at extracting the el cheapo ammo I used to feed them than the last couple of recent-production "big name" .22 revolvers I have played with. This is just wrong.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    Which sights are you having installed?
    Went with FO.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My 43c has been great out of the box.

My 317 not so much. Sticky extraction and out of time. Spit lead. They fixed it in a reasonable time but failed to change the back sight out for a conventional notch as I requested.

I’m in hopes the labor force in TN once trained will do us better.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    I’m in hopes the labor force in TN once trained will do us better.
    One can hope. I am concerned that there may be nobody who can sufficiently mentor any new craftsmen.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I shipped them my 351C yesterday. Jazzed.
    So I shipped Thu, it delivered late Friday afternoon and Dave emails me this morning that the gun is shipping back today for delivery tomorrow.

WTAF! Amazing.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I got Ruger LCR 22LR the other day. I fired around 200 rounds of various ammo and always had to push the ejector rod against a hard object to extract. Most of the fired brass had a half moon bulge near the rim like an Auto that had the throat/ramp cut too deep. It is back at Ruger for repair.
    I got the notification that my LCR is shipping back to me. No word on what repairs were made. I hope it works.

Just back from D&L Sports. Shipped in a new pistol rug which is pretty nice.

Came with a letter that is like my lipid profile from a physical telling me about the guns tolerances and stuff. Seems that the bevel on the chamber mouths is cut a little too deep which could potentially have a case blow out.

Which coincidentally it did on my first cylinder through it a long time ago. I faulted the ammo and sent it to Smith to repair the extractor star which they did. Dave suggested I might could get them to replace the cylinder. But I dunno if I will or won't yet as it's run great for a few hundred rounds since and CS at Smith told me last year they're running 8 months turnarounds.

But I digress. What a great sight picture now!

Name:  351C.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  49.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Came with a letter that is like my lipid profile from a physical telling me about the guns tolerances and stuff. Seems that the bevel on the chamber mouths is cut a little too deep which could potentially have a case blow out.

Which coincidentally it did on my first cylinder through it a long time ago. I faulted the ammo and sent it to Smith to repair the extractor star which they did. Dave suggested I might could get them to replace the cylinder. But I dunno if I will or won't yet as it's run great for a few hundred rounds since and CS at Smith told me last year they're running 8 months turnarounds.
    CS told me last Fall that turnaround was a few months, but when I sent them my M64 around February-ish, it was back in 4 weeks.

Turnaround times may be predicated on parts availability and/or work bench setups. A thought!!!

I got a Ruger LCR 22LR the other day. I fired around 200 rounds of various ammo and always had to push the ejector rod against a hard object to extract. Most of the fired brass had a half moon bulge near the rim like an Auto that had the throat/ramp cut too deep. It is back at Ruger for repair.

Who else has had trouble with extraction on rimfire revolvers. I know some have had problems with 43c. How about 22LR LCRs?
    The LCR 22 LR is back. They replaced the cylinder and bushing and reloctited ejector. It is much better. I fired 104 rounds of 8 different kinds of ammo. Most ejected easily. Mini Mags still stick. I think I have some old MM's around someplace. I'll try them. 16 rounds of old Thunderbolts ejected easily.

User Tag List