Thread: 1301 Gen 2 7rd mag

1301 Gen 2 7rd mag

Trying to get confirmation on the actual material that the Mag tube is made of. Now I'm not referring to the polymer screw on cap but the tube itself. Looks and feels like polymer to me. Not sure if there would be any difference but this is a model J131TT18NLE.

The magazine tube is metal. I believe it is steel.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My old five-round tube is anodized aluminum, but feels like it has a polymer coating of some kind on top of it. There is such a thing as PTFE-sealed anodizing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by GHZ71 View Post
    Trying to get confirmation on the actual material that the Mag tube is made of. Now I'm not referring to the polymer screw on cap but the tube itself. Looks and feels like polymer to me. Not sure if there would be any difference but this is a model J131TT18NLE.
    Aluminum.

My LE model is metal with a gray paint/coating on it. I’d check it with a magnet, but I just tore it down and reassembled it for cleaning, and taking off the barrel clamp AGAIN would be hassle. Metal would be cold to the touch, polymer is a little warmer.

Just checked the factory 7 round tube on my 1301 and it’s definitely metal. I put a magnet on it but it didn’t stick though, so I don’t know what kind of metal it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Just checked the factory 7 round tube on my 1301 and it’s definitely metal. I put a magnet on it but it didn’t stick though, so I don’t know what kind of metal it is.
    lol...I don't either
    I was going to reply by saying I had also checked it with a magnet which is why I posed the question. I'm just not convinced it's metal though. I have no problem should it be a polymer tube, just surprised.

based on the wall thickness and the fact that it’s a part that sees a lot of friction from moving parts, I don’t think it would last too long if it were polymer!

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Aluminum.
    I stand corrected. It’s really a great question. It certainly does have a slippery finish/surface.

User Tag List