Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: New Sig p322 pistol

Currently winning a GB bid on one……. I wouldn’t be unhappy taking it home and putting one of my .22 cans on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Updates?

How are these pistols running? Thanks !

Mine is running great, about 300rd thru it. Federal Automatch, CCI mini mag, Win wildcat.

As others noted here and in video reviews, a minor issue I had the first few mags was some failures to feed. You have to get a feel for how to correctly stack and "tension" the cartridges when loading mags. It didn't matter what type of ammo I used, if I didn't load the mags carefully, I'd get FTF's. Since then it's running well. Love the trigger and ergos, it's a good trainer.

As for accuracy: in my hands, so far, it hasn't shown very impressive accuracy though I've only tried 3 loads. Probably need to (1) Shoot it some more, (2) Try some additional loads, and (3) reset my expectations on accuracy a bit, as the only other .22 pistol I shoot much is my accurized Ruger MK IV.
    Last edited by maximus83; 11-05-2022 at 05:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    Can anyone confirm if this will fit in an X Macro holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Can anyone confirm if this will fit in an X Macro holster?
    No way. X Macro is much thinner. Maybe in some leather holsters that can conform, but not in a Kydex holster for sure.
    I'm surprised that this comes up though. P322 holsters are everywhere. Well obviously not at a Safariland :-)

Haven't seen much discussion of these lately.

Starting to like mine, a good trainer for my 365-series pistols, especially now that I'm planning to install MS's on the 365's. I haven't been able to get great accuracy yet, but my expectations are probably unrealistic---comparing it to a Ruger MK-IV 22/45 with a VQ trigger . Still it's been extremely reliable at feeding/firing/extracting through about 800 rds. Only a small handful of FTF's the first couple mags when new, because I wasn't loading the mags carefully. And then a few failures to fire with a specific ammo type, more on that below. Since then, no failures to feed or extract, and no failures to fire now that I'm using ammo that works. Other than those early issues, haven't seen the degree of problems that were reported by some early adopters online. It's been quite reliable, fun to shoot, and also haven't seen the barrel leading problem that many mentioned early on--though that could be due to the ammo they were using. The trigger is pretty smooth and light for a factory plastic .22, but I find despite that, and even with a mounted 407k, it's tricky to get tight 10rd groupings even at 10y or 15y. At this point I'm still blaming me not the pistol, but as a point of comparison, I can actually still shoot better with my similarly configured G19.5 than with this pistol.

Two things that *might* have contributed to reliable functioning:
    • Kept it clean, and LIGHTLY lubed, as always with rimfire guns. Basically every 200 rds, pulled a boresnake coated with a rimfire solvent through a few times, clean/lube rails, and spray the FCG with Hornady Oneshot.
    • Use cleaner ammo that it seems to like. Federal bulk or Automatch for cheap plinking (not super accurate, but reliable and clean enough), and CCI Mini-mags. I have not tried any higher-class ammo to see how it would impact accuracy.
      • **Note that it does NOT like CCI SV, it did show repeated failures to fire even though this is new ammo and fires fine in my rimfire long guns, whether semi or bolt.

Site Supporter
    Probably going to get one of these. Has anyone found an AIWB holster for these?

Mine has been disappointing, I have to send it back to Sig. The first 2500 rounds were ok, although I would have more FTF, FTE then my other 22 semis. Then between rounds 2500-2750 it got progressively worse as far as light primer strike no fires, now with a hair over 2900 rounds it will barely fire at all. From day one the slid-stop would not hold the slide back, it would lock open on the last shot but as soon as you dropped the empty mag the slide would slam shut. I’m sure this is related to the no fire issues.

Around the same time I bought a G44 and a full size Taurus TX-22 (have since bought the TX22 compact, see my 2000 round challenge post) both of these are approaching 5000 rounds and have been lights out reliable.

I know there are plenty of good running P322’s out there, but mine ain’t one of them.

It's been almost 10 months since we last heard about this little plinker. Any additional thoughts/experiences? I'm looking for a .22 trainer for new shooters, and the P322 ticks the "easy to mount a dot" box like no other I'm aware of...

User Tag List