Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sig p322 pistol

Site Supporter
    Got hands on a P322 today at my LGS. Pleasantly surprised at the size which was in between the P320 and a P365XL though it means more towards full size pistol.

Liked it enough to put it on lay away.

I picked up one of these today and put a Holosun 407k on it. Other than mounting the optic I didn’t touch it and ran 150 mini mags through it at the indoor range. No issues other than 2 hangups due to not paying attention when loading the first magazine. Shot two different magazines fully loaded to 20 with no issues. I only shot it out to 15 yards and am still a rookie with a pistol mounted dot but think it has great potential. Extra magazines are only $28 which for Sig is actually palatable.

Name:  3F05871A-7477-4B63-86CC-B99A3AE31C87.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  25.7 KB

Update:
    My 13yo took his first pistol class ever (JDC Red Dot) this past weekend with the P322. He used a Phalanx Systems multi fit Stealth Operator OWB holster that fit like it was made for it. Total round count for the class was around 275 rounds, all CCI Minimags. No issues that were gun related before lunch. After lunch he had 10 or so failures to feed. The instructor and he both thought it may be one of the magazines but I think it happened a few more times after they took that magazine out of rotation. My thoughts were it was related to loading the magazine. Feed issues aside the pistol worked great for him. Not having to manage recoil while performing under time constraints for the first time in a group setting allowed him to focus on safe gun handling and working on his grip. I need to do an AAR of this class, but a huge thanks to all the Justified Defensive Concepts staff for making his first pistol class a success.

Yesterday I wiped the gun down, put a few drops of oil on the slide and took it to the range. I shot 45 rounds each of CCI Blazer, CCI Minimags and Federal Lightning for a total of 135 rounds. Each of the three magazines saw 15 rounds of each type. I had no issues at all, the pistol ran fine. I still think that the issues were related to the loading of the magazine. Next trip I’ll see if I can replicate the malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    Update:
    My 13yo took his first pistol class ever (JDC Red Dot) this past weekend with the P322. He used a Phalanx Systems multi fit Stealth Operator OWB holster that fit like it was made for it. Total round count for the class was around 275 rounds, all CCI Minimags. No issues that were gun related before lunch. After lunch he had 10 or so failures to feed. The instructor and he both thought it may be one of the magazines but I think it happened a few more times after they took that magazine out of rotation. My thoughts were it was related to loading the magazine. Feed issues aside the pistol worked great for him. Not having to manage recoil while performing under time constraints for the first time in a group setting allowed him to focus on safe gun handling and working on his grip. I need to do an AAR of this class, but a huge thanks to all the Justified Defensive Concepts staff for making his first pistol class a success.

Yesterday I wiped the gun down, put a few drops of oil on the slide and took it to the range. I shot 45 rounds each of CCI Blazer, CCI Minimags and Federal Lightning for a total of 135 rounds. Each of the three magazines saw 15 rounds of each type. I had no issues at all, the pistol ran fine. I still think that the issues were related to the loading of the magazine. Next trip I’ll see if I can replicate the malfunction.
    i am curious to see how reliably it runs with bulk ammo. May wait til this fall to pick one up.

Site Supporter

Red face

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/05/1...s-for-sig-p322

Comp-Tac Offers New Holster Fits for Sig P322
    HOUSTON, May 16, 2022 – Comp-Tac® recently added holster fits for the Sig Sauer P322 in the International™ Holster, the Dual Concealment Holster™ and the Single Mag Pouch Belt Clip.

Hammertime
    I held one at the LGS yesterday and was very favorably impressed. It sets the new standard in Rimfire "tactical" trainers. Have not bought but sorely tempted.

I handled one recently and IMO they really hit a sweet spot for size. Great SA feeling trigger and well executed safety I thought.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-10000-rounds/

Sounds like a pretty successful long termer: "I still have yet to clean the pistol, even at 10,000 rounds . . . "

Found some loads it didn't like. But not main course type stuff.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just picked one up. Impressions are good on ergo's. I like the trigger and grip texture. Not sure yet about the control placements for slide release and safety, will save that judgement for live fire testing.

I just installed an ArmoryCraft flat adjustable aluminum trigger shoe on my Sig P322 pistol. I like it much, much better than the factory trigger shoe, as it has adjustable pretravel, overtravel, a better overall feel with no polymer trigger shoe flex.

https://www.armorycraft.com/product-...stable-trigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsZjncmQQbU

Mounted up the Holosun 507k x2 green dot and got it zeroed. Pretty much right on at 10yards for windage (top circle). Adjusted up 4 or 5 clicks and landed all 20rds in the 2.5 inch circle with bulk pack federal 36gr. Good enough for me.

The dot really turns these guns on for accuracy. I really like the green 2moa dot with circle.

User Tag List